Lost iTunes playlists in Sonos.

• 6 May 2017
  • 5 replies

I have lost my iTunes playlists in Sonos. Followed the directions in the Support section regarding this topic. Playlists still don't appear.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi jsvento

Welcome to the community!

Make sure that within iTunes's preferences under advanced you have "share iTunes Library XML with other applications" ticked.

Then make sure that you can see iTunes Library.xml inside the folder you have set the music library in Sonos to point to.

If you are still unable to see the playlists under "imported playlists" within Sonos, then could you submit a Diagnostic and post the number.

If you could let us know the path that you have shared this will help also.

Many thanks
hello! I have had the same issue and can't fix it...here is my diagnostic: 7558371. thanks.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello hodenpyl, have you followed Matt's suggestion and checked the iTunes settings? As long as the iTunes library XML is in the location you have added as your music library, those playlists should get indexed. I also noticed you may have some connectivity issues with some of your players. The wireless network details have been entered causing Sonos to jump back and forth between the SonosNet and your wireless network. I would like you to remove those wireless network details from Sonos as outlined in this article: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4284 I would then like you to update your music library using the Manage menu on your Mac. Let us know if you are still missing the playlists after this re-indexes.
Hi,

I have been trying for months to ensure my Playlists & Smart Playlists from iTunes (which are very important to me as I have a very large music collection!) are imported into the Sonos desktop controller software and have had no luck.
Many of the playlists from iTunes imported no problem at all into Sonos controller (and weird other 'playlists' I haven't even set up before!) and new files come across too - no problem.
However, many important playlists - including the most frequently used in iTunes - do not.

How do I fix this problem? I feel I've tried everything - including pointing the Sonos software to an XML file in the folder where all my music is.
If I can't fix it, would purchasing a Sonos Connect enable me to use iTunes software as the 'controller' but play the audio through my Sonos network instead of through my amp connected to the PC?

Thanks.
okok