Lost alphabetical list of Pandora stations

• 16 November 2017
  • 69 replies

Userlevel 3
Upgraded to 8.2 yesterday, and my Pandora stations are suddenly listed by date added, rather than alphabetically. I can see no way to change the sorting method back to alphabetical. This makes it rather inconvenient to browse my stations. If there is a way to re-sort, I would appreciate the tip. If not, it would be helpful for Sonos to make both sort methods available, rather than eliminating one in favor of another.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Userlevel 1
I have loved Sonos. Not today though. Taking the alpha listing of Pandora stations away is just stupid! Do your programmers not use Sonos and Pandora? Does no one at Sonos use Sonos and Pandora? I'll feel a little better if you at least admit it was a bone headed mistake and you're working as fast as possible to fix it. You're SONOS. I thought you were awesome.
Userlevel 1
This is a mess.
Userlevel 1
This improvement isn't an improvement. I'm supposed to scan through hundreds of stations and try to remember the last date I listened to one of them??? What were you thinking? Please give the alpha sort option back!
Userlevel 1
Totally agree here. This is a big usability flaw. Not having alphabetical listing is a huge pain. Please provide the option at least to list alphabetically.
Userlevel 1
Same problem, why would they take the alpha sort order out?? Terribly painful to use the Pandora part of this app now.
Userlevel 2
Badge
This SUCKS! Constantly having to look for stations. FIX IT PLEASE SONOS!
Userlevel 2
Badge
So annyoying. Every time they update, something else goes wrong. I need my Pandora list in A-Z order please!
Userlevel 2
Badge
This is unbelievable!! Why would you update to take something away, that has been there for a very long time. My Pandora.com web interface still shows alpha sorting. Pandora has now become unusable on Sonos, so much so that I am bringing my inferior Squeezebox Boom back out of storage just for Pandora and the basics of Alpha sorting. As a Sonos partner, Pandora should be really upset with you at the loss of listening hours as a result of your "improvements".

I should have learned by now to stop applying new updates.
Userlevel 1
Joining my voice with those who have already commented here. Removing the alpha sort was a TERRIBLE idea. Please re-install this feature asap! Thanks!!
Userlevel 2
What were you thinking? The default was alpha order and now it's not even an option? You need to fix this very quickly. The My Stations experience is terrible for anyone with more than a few stations and variable listening preferences.
Userlevel 1
Just like the app interface overhaul, why fix something that isnt broken. Something bad is happening with quality control, UI feedback/testing, etc. Not in line whatsoever with loyal customers expectations....
Userlevel 1
A few problems, as a Sonos installer I am getting many complaints from the clients I work for. The app is only getting more confusing. The swipe up and down is not obvious, the menu bar at the bottom should always be there no matter what you are doing, Pandora is completly different and thats what most people use. Cant even just add a new station the same why. Why change what people are used to. And too many updates. People just want to pick up their device and use it. Last update forced you to update app, then it doesnt work, so you have to delete the app and reinstall it. Lastly the “Create a Sonos Account” is the biggest pain. Atleast give the option not to and move on. Noone remebers their itunes password and now we have another just to listen to music! Goal is make less complicated not more complicated. Im good with the old blue screen layout thats still on the computer. Everything is there on one page. Easy!
I just got off a remote session with Sonos--they have no clue how to fix this. They actually told e to use the Pandora app--I told them how crazy an idea this
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thank you ASoft! Every time I add Sonos update, more issues arise. Pandora is a CONSTANT in my life and now it's very unstable as you said. Also, I spend so much time looking for my stations. I don't get it. Everything was fine before....why do this?
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I just logged into Pandora online and sent an email stating my displeasure. I let them know i will cancel if this continues longer than a month.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Your latest update has absolutely ruined my pandora experience. I have listened to Pandora 24/7 for years. With the latest update, I spend more time looking for my stations; cannot add variety; some of the stations disappeared. PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT! IT's HORRIBLE!
I must be taking crazy pills! Shouldn't upgrades make an app better? What sort of asinine move takes away an option? Is there a way to uninstall Sonos and reinstall with the 8.1 upgrade? This upgrade was not thought out at all-clearly not tested. Maybe it is better to play it directly through the Pandora alphabetical list. The less Sonos, the better.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Bad move Sonos
Please go back to Alpha sort or provide the option! Now Pandora is as bad as the Amazon sort that does not seem to have a method at all!
My Pandora account allows last played or alpha. I have three Sonos systems and have always been impressed with Sonos products and service. The lack of an alpha option on Pandora is a serious flaw. What were they thinking?
But it is certainly within the capability of Sonos to communicate and influence a response/fix from Pandora, don't you think? A Sonos exec could certainly pick up the phone, call a counterpart at Pandora and say, "Dude, WTF? _Our_ customers are unhappy. that makes us unhappy. They are unhappy with you as well. That should make you unhappy. What can be done to fix this undoubtedly minor coding change? You used to have the code to sort,now you don't. Look around in desk drawers, maybe the break room, someone left it next to the microwave. Put it back. K? Great, thanks, bye."

Just because it is a Pandora issue, doesn't mean a company with any integtrity at all should just sit back, all helpless and crying. Right? Sonos, have a little self-respect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
EVEN WORSE.......Sonos has NOT YET replied to any of these posts. WTF is going on? Terrible service on all levels.

Hi Jazzy, you might have missed my post at the beginning of the thread, it's also marked as the answer to the question at the moment. We're making sure to speak with our partners at Pandora about the listing, but currently it's only done by recently played. We'll keep sharing your interest with the teams but don't have any specific news on this changing.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Sonos wants to drive users off their app- in a Seinfeld-worthy Bizzarro World Strategy... pandora’s app allows us to choose between “Last Played” or “Alphabetical List”- and so I’m leaving this awful Sonos app and only playing Pandora through my Sonos Speakers via their app... which provides options. Way to go Bizzarro Sonos- less users! Mission Accomplished on your slide to oblivion.
Since its actually not Sonos, but Pandora problem I will be cancelling them when my subscription ends which is in Feb. I suggest you let them know your aggravation and eventually cancel. I guess eventually they will figure it out once they lose subscriptions. I've got a few other subscriptions so good bye Pandora if they don't fix it by then. And I wont be re-subscribing if they then decided to fix it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Not a Sonos problem. Where is the list of stations for your Pandora service? Somewhere at Sonos, NO. It is located on Pandora servers. Sonos makes available an API for any service to allow access from Sonos app to their music service. Pandora is in control. I advise letting them know your feelings. I have let them know i will be dropping my subscription in Feb when the current one ends. Pandora will take heed if they feel like they are losing subscribers. As mentioned above this happened when the Direct Control of Sonos from Pandora was added. It seems to be a push to get us to their app. Which in my case want happen. Sonos is my music player and i have multiple music services. If Pandora doesnt want to be a part of tha, so be it.
Badge
Agreed, Pandora Team - this makes no sense. Whosever decision this was, please punch them once in the arm for every complaint on this feed. Yay, brutality!