Lost alphabetical list of Pandora stations

• 16 November 2017
  • 69 replies

Userlevel 3
Upgraded to 8.2 yesterday, and my Pandora stations are suddenly listed by date added, rather than alphabetically. I can see no way to change the sorting method back to alphabetical. This makes it rather inconvenient to browse my stations. If there is a way to re-sort, I would appreciate the tip. If not, it would be helpful for Sonos to make both sort methods available, rather than eliminating one in favor of another.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Userlevel 2
The Pandora stations are not ordered by date added but rather in the order of when you last listened to them. But it’s still a VAPID idea. I know someone had to object during the process of making this change, so it wasn’t an oversight. Why would you do this? It’s almost as if a competitor were paying Sonos to make Pandora unpleasant to use! Get it together Sonos.
Agree with multiple comments above.
Loss of alphabetical order for Spotify stations is intolerable.
Flipping back and forth from iPhone Pandora app is not a long term fix.
And, even if I wanted to do so, Pandora desktop app does not even communicate with Sonos.
Sonos --- please escalate to Pandora tech management to pursue a fix ASAP --- apparently Pandora decided the new "last played station" ordering.
Bad choice. Please restore alphabetical order option for BOTH the iPhone AND desktop Sonos applications.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
This fix would be from Pandora, not Sonos: they control the order items are shown. (See also: large thread about Tidal having a similar problem).
Userlevel 2
Badge
And furthermore........with the new update (8.2), Pandora stops playing constantly, after about 5 songs. Come on you guys. FIX IT! My Sonos is on 24/7......and I used LOVE it.....now, it's a big pain in the butt! FIX IT PLEASE!
Are there really no adults in the room? You think people only want to see Pandora stations by the most recent ones they played? Fine. _Add_ that option. But don't take away the fundamental, simple, easiest of all sorts, the alpha sort.

Let's see, what stations am I most likely to remember?

Hmm. The ones I played most recently...but those are the ones you show me, so that's not very useful. Which am I less likely to remember? Hmm, perhaps the one I haven't played in a while. Maybe I'm done with my classical streak and want to get back to acid jazz or Abba or whatever. Sure, let me scroll through all my stations them to find what I want. Seriously, this change is a textbook example of stupid s/w development and poor UX comprehension.

Also agree with jazzybelle267. I never had dropouts in several years of Sonos use. But since the recent updates, yep, dropping out all the time, sometimes 3 or 4 times an hour. I haven't changed anything but the updates.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Well spoken, ilex. I have 100 stations and its a pain! I don't get what they are thinking. Everything was great before....and no one addresses our concerns. I have even tweeted them with no luck. Sonos is failing right now in my eyes.
My Pandora account allows last played or alpha. I have three Sonos systems and have always been impressed with Sonos products and service. The lack of an alpha option on Pandora is a serious flaw. What were they thinking?
Adding my voice to this thread. SONOS, FIX THE PROBLEM PLEEEEASE. Removing the Alphabet Sort from Pandora (or any music service) makes using them a major problem. And I find myself using Pandora less and less because of it. All of my music was carefully indexed and easy to access. The loss of functionality is totally unacceptable for a system as amazing as yours. Thanks for the quick fix.
I came looking to see WTF was going on — and here it is: a "fix" that no one asked for and which everyone hates. No one seems to have mentioned the idiotic Pandora flash screen; it's no better than a "welcome to this website click to continue" page on a poorly designed website. FIX IT. Off to yell at Pandora now.
Userlevel 2
Badge
EVEN WORSE.......Sonos has NOT YET replied to any of these posts. WTF is going on? Terrible service on all levels.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
As I am bored of saying, this isnt Sonos' problem to fix, its Pandora's. I haven't seen anyone from Pandora reply.
But it is certainly within the capability of Sonos to communicate and influence a response/fix from Pandora, don't you think? A Sonos exec could certainly pick up the phone, call a counterpart at Pandora and say, "Dude, WTF? _Our_ customers are unhappy. that makes us unhappy. They are unhappy with you as well. That should make you unhappy. What can be done to fix this undoubtedly minor coding change? You used to have the code to sort,now you don't. Look around in desk drawers, maybe the break room, someone left it next to the microwave. Put it back. K? Great, thanks, bye."

Just because it is a Pandora issue, doesn't mean a company with any integtrity at all should just sit back, all helpless and crying. Right? Sonos, have a little self-respect.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
ilex I agree with your post. But I also recommend letting Pandora know. Informing them they will lose subscriptions might have am impact on their view also.
I followed up a previous email in Nov, with another asking for any news and informing them I will drop Jan 1 2018. I got back a response of no news but here are some Pandora forums.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
EVEN WORSE.......Sonos has NOT YET replied to any of these posts. WTF is going on? Terrible service on all levels.

Hi Jazzy, you might have missed my post at the beginning of the thread, it's also marked as the answer to the question at the moment. We're making sure to speak with our partners at Pandora about the listing, but currently it's only done by recently played. We'll keep sharing your interest with the teams but don't have any specific news on this changing.
Ryan, the first question is “If Sonos and Pandora are partners, why in the Hell did you let them ruin your users’ experience?!” It goes to show Sonos doesn’t give a $£I¥! About us. now, after seeing that it really does suck, you sit back and say Bs like “we’re sharing YOUR interest...” which means it definitely is not Sonos’s interest... what a crock
If there is karma, Sonos will be destroyed slowly and painfully by a competitor that actually gives a shit about customers that ultimately pay their salaries. Too bad - it didn’t have to happen. The high road is not crowded! but good riddance to your shit service and BS from corporate lackeys in “customer service” -
Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Jazzy, you might have missed my post at the beginning of the thread, it's also marked as the answer to the question at the moment. We're making sure to speak with our partners at Pandora about the listing, but currently it's only done by recently played. We'll keep sharing your interest with the teams but don't have any specific news on this changing.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Ryan: I saw your post. Not really helpful though. Same answer different day. It would be very good for Sonos to figure it out somehow!
Sonos wants to drive users off their app- in a Seinfeld-worthy Bizzarro World Strategy... pandora’s app allows us to choose between “Last Played” or “Alphabetical List”- and so I’m leaving this awful Sonos app and only playing Pandora through my Sonos Speakers via their app... which provides options. Way to go Bizzarro Sonos- less users! Mission Accomplished on your slide to oblivion.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Sonos wants to drive users off their app- in a Seinfeld-worthy Bizzarro World Strategy... pandora’s app allows us to choose between “Last Played” or “Alphabetical List”- and so I’m leaving this awful Sonos app and only playing Pandora through my Sonos Speakers via their app... which provides options. Way to go Bizzarro Sonos- less users! Mission Accomplished on your slide to oblivion.
Since its actually not Sonos, but Pandora problem I will be cancelling them when my subscription ends which is in Feb. I suggest you let them know your aggravation and eventually cancel. I guess eventually they will figure it out once they lose subscriptions. I've got a few other subscriptions so good bye Pandora if they don't fix it by then. And I wont be re-subscribing if they then decided to fix it.
Upgraded to 8.2 yesterday, and my Pandora stations are suddenly listed by date added, rather than alphabetically. I can see no way to change the sorting method back to alphabetical. This makes it rather inconvenient to browse my stations. If there is a way to re-sort, I would appreciate the tip. If not, it would be helpful for Sonos to make both sort methods available, rather than eliminating one in favor of another.
Agreed. This wasn't well thought out Sonos.
Bring back Alpha sort. The change was ridiculous when you have the allowed 100 stations.
Userlevel 2
Badge
PLEASE bring back alpha sort. Also, my Pandora regularly stops playing after about 5-6 songs! Anyone else? I still cannot believe that Sonos and Pandora are letting this happen with an immediate fix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, we'll make sure to share it with the Pandora team. Also, if you're having trouble with the stream stopping irregularly, it could be related to this issue. Just please note that not all Pandora cutouts are related to this issue, it only affects certain systems, so when it's resolved, if you're still having cutouts, it'd be great to give us a call on our support line.