Loop alarm for set duration

• 13 July 2013
  • 5 replies

Currently, the alarm will play through the selected music once then stop, regardless of how long it's been playing and how long the alarm duration is set for. There should be an option to loop the music until the set duration has been reached.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonos really needs to make this happen. My wife and I use white noise from Spotify when we go to sleep. It starts right at 10:30pm but it only lasts 8 minutes. It would be great to run all night and then switch to a new alarm playing NPR radio in the morning. Make this happen!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos really needs to make this happen. My wife and I use white noise from Spotify when we go to sleep. It starts right at 10:30pm but it only lasts 8 minutes. It would be great to run all night and then switch to a new alarm playing NPR radio in the morning. Make this happen!

Surely you can already do this?

Play your white noise (NOT as an alarm) when you go to sleep but put it on repeat and then have an Alarm in the am for the NPR.
I can play the white noise on loop. But I would like it to come on automatically and play it on loop through the alarm.
I can play the white noise on loop. But I would like it to come on automatically and play it on loop through the alarm.

Create a playlist with the same track repeated for the length you wish. Save the playlist and use that as the music source for the alarm.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Please fix this. I always listen to a podcast when going to bed, then I have an alarm that triggers a white noice rain sound later at night. It's just 3 minutes. I noticed tonight that when the rain sound ended a horrible beep started and woke me up.