Question

Logitech Harmony Companion for Sonos Connect?

• 14 August 2017
  • 2 replies

I'm wondering if the Logitech Harmony Companion can be mapped with buttons for individual Sonos Connect areas. This is the more basic Logitech controller, without a screen, at about $150. It includes the hub with the smarts, and a physical remote with buttons. I just have the Sonos Connect, piped into my audio system.

Here's what I would like to do. First, program the Logitech app on my iPad so that it has a Sonos activity that turns on my preamp and selects the Sonos Connect input. Then add commands for several submenus: maybe one would go to the listing of featured classical radio stations, and another might be the list of featured jazz stations. Then map those commands to physical buttons on the Logitech physical remote.

The way it would work: I stumble out of bed in the middle of the night, get a drink of water, and park myself on the couch with my eyes closed. The Logitech app has a button for the Sonos activity, and it turns on my components. Then I have a button I can press for the list of featured classical stations, and the up / down buttons just cycle through them. I hit another button, and I'm in the jazz stations, and up / down cycles through those. Maybe a third button selects my favorites. My phone and iPad remain parked in their charging stations.

This all sounds doable, but I can't find enough information online to know before plunking down my plastic. Anyone try something like this?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Related: anyone know how much of the Sonos Connect menu system the Logitech controller can access? Thanks in advance!
I've seen comments indicating that the Logitech Harmony remote may have access to the Sonos Favorites list. That gives me hope that I could click up and down through that list on the Logitech. I guess my question is whether the Logitech may have access to other lists, such as the list of local radio stations in TuneIn music. Thanks...