Lock screen and volume button controls gone since Sonos Airplay 2 update

• 12 July 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
Has anyone else experienced this? Since upgrading my Sonos app yesterday (7/11/18) for the Airplay 2 update, I no longer see the lock screen controls during playback - and neither can I adjust the playback volume using my iPhone volume buttons.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Please see this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-app-controls-no-longer-appear-on-your-lock-screen-6809340
Resetting controller in advanced settings does restore lock screen and hardware volume control !
Nothing works. Sonos has broken their app. Read this: Lock screen control will not be available if another audio app such as Spotify or Apple Music is playing music, if Airplay or Bluetooth is being used, if VoiceOver is enabled, or if headphones are plugged into the iOS device.

That means if you use an Apple Watch, you won’t get these controls back (unless you disable Bluetooth). Such a shame. I will now think about replacing the system with HomePods.

A stupid ‘update’ by all accounts.
Userlevel 1
Badge
The loss of this feature is huge. My family and I use Sonos in and outside our house all the time. 7 zones do far. Having your phone as as remote control is fundamental. Having to unlock the phone and find the app to control the volume is a big step backwards. Extremely frustrating. It was perfect before this change. I understand that sometimes these things happen with software where things are changed to user detriment. The Sonos team does a great job maintaining the best product out there. But sometimes not the best choices are made in that effort. It happens. I certainly hope this is recognized and corrected in the very near future.
Resetting controller in advanced settings does restore lock screen and hardware volume control !
There is no Reset controller in Advanced Settings on iPhone.
The loss of this feature is huge. My family and I use Sonos in and outside our house all the time. 7 zones do far. Having your phone as as remote control is fundamental. Having to unlock the phone and find the app to control the volume is a big step backwards. Extremely frustrating. It was perfect before this change. I understand that sometimes these things happen with software where things are changed to user detriment. The Sonos team does a great job maintaining the best product out there. But sometimes not the best choices are made in that effort. It happens. I certainly hope this is recognized and corrected in the very near future.
Yes this is huge. Every time Sonos updates the app it gets worse. I can still barely find my way around the user interface after months of trying to learn the new screens. Terrible human factors design. None of the Sonos or user comments re-enables the lock screen volume control.
Yes this is huge. Every time Sonos updates the app it gets worse. I can still barely find my way around the user interface after months of trying to learn the new screens. Terrible human factors design. None of the Sonos or user comments re-enables the lock screen volume control. Ditto