"Line In" re-label?

• 16 August 2011
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
On Music Source Make Line In an Actual Source Name

On the Music Menu it would be nice to have it "say" the actual Line-In instead of just "Line In".

When you go to search the Music Menu you would see "Living Room" or "Bar Sound" instead of "Line In" then going to the line in sources.

Trying to tell people what LINE IN means actually confuses them. We all here understand but need a different way to "hide" the Line In and just go straight to the line in source.

Make sense?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
+1 (plus one - only written to meet the 5 character limit for posts ... which leads to a sound idea of allow +1 in this field)
Userlevel 2
Yeah I would agree with changing that heading on the tab ... I always thought it was straight forward, but I'm the one who set it up.

Once you click on it in my menu, its labled:
DirecTV: Bar
DirecTV: Family Room
DirecTV: Master Bedroom

So that parts straight forward...
Userlevel 2
Select a Music Source

Radio
Pandora
SongZa
Line-In
etc.

Would be nice if..........

Radio
Pandora
SongZa
TV Sound
etc.

Please??
:D:D
Select a Music Source

Radio
Pandora
SongZa
Line-In
etc.

Would be nice if..........

Radio
Pandora
SongZa
TV Sound
etc.

Please??
:D:D

The two aren't equivalent.

'TV Sound' implies a single-level menu item, whereas 'Line-In' in fact leads to a sub-menu listing the available line-in sources. You can name the TV's line-in source as 'TV Sound' on the relevant device if you wish.
since Line-In leads to a sub menu of in-line sound sources why not change In-Line to “Sound Sources”. That would be more intuitive for my guests.
since Line-In leads to a sub menu of in-line sound sources why not change In-Line to “Sound Sources”. That would be more intuitive for my guests.
But isn't everything in the 'Browse' menu a 'sound source'? I am afraid that doesn't seem an intuitive name for the line-in at all to me.
Technically by the current logic Pandora should not be a top level selection but should rather be tucked inside of a "Streaming Services" sub menu.