Let us have different "Scenes" or whatever with the same Speakers

• 24 January 2019
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
I have 2 Sonos One's and a Beam in my Bedroom. While I have it in Surround Sound mode for watching TV in the Bedroom, we also listen to Audiobooks at night and while I prefer it louder, wifey prefers it more quiet, so the best option we figured out was to play it only on the Sonos One on my Side and we're all happy. So every night, I have to break up my surround speakers, and then play the sound on the one speaker next to me, and then the next day put them back together. Basicly, allow us to either have multiple scenes, or let us import a speaker multiple times or give us a solution to play something only on the selected speakers.
Best Regards

Menaxerius

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, thank you for your post. This is a great suggestion and I can definitely see the benefit of it. I will be sure to forward it to the necessary department. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
Hi Edward - I have over a dozen Sonos speakers and love them. No question they are the best wireless speakers on the market. That said, the Sonos community has gotten some variation of your reply for the last eighteen months. "Great idea - we value your input and will pass it along to the developers". It really is getting old. I've had scene functionality for my $40 LIFX bulbs for at least two years and have it for my $50 ($29 on sale) Echo dots as well. Instead of what is essentially dismissing the question perhaps someone can help us understand where this sits in the priority list and when we can expect beta scene functionality. I won't sound stupid by saying it can't be that difficult, but many, many others offer the same functionality so we at least know it is possible. Sooooo . . . thanks for the great speakers. Please provide a great app to use them with.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi Edward - I have over a dozen Sonos speakers and love them. No question they are the best wireless speakers on the market. That said, the Sonos community has gotten some variation of your reply for the last eighteen months. "Great idea - we value your input and will pass it along to the developers". It really is getting old. I've had scene functionality for my $40 LIFX bulbs for at least two years and have it for my $50 ($29 on sale) Echo dots as well. Instead of what is essentially dismissing the question perhaps someone can help us understand where this sits in the priority list and when we can expect beta scene functionality. I won't sound stupid by saying it can't be that difficult, but many, many others offer the same functionality so we at least know it is possible. Sooooo . . . thanks for the great speakers. Please provide a great app to use them with.

I agree wholeheartedly, I'm also experiencing a significant amount of frustration with the non-answers provided by Sonos. I understand if the requests are out of scope with regards to what Sonos hardware can do, but the lack of transparency over common-sense user-experience requests is disappointing.
Before the community existed in this form, Sonos had a website where feature requests had a separate status, and could be voted for. Some features introduced back then were based on popular demand. Now, requests like these scattered across the board and receive the same reply every time. I think it would be good to have a separate place on these boards for feature requests, just like the "Ask a question" board. Adding a "me too" button or using the original "like" button, votes could be cast for a feature request.
It wouldn't necessarily change Sonos' pace in taking action, or their policy on giving information on the status of development - the previous version of this system even had a "under consideration" and "rejected" status tag - but it would at least give some visibility to highly requested features.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Before the community existed in this form, Sonos had a website where feature requests had a separate status, and could be voted for. Some features introduced back then were based on popular demand. Now, requests like these scattered across the board and receive the same reply every time. I think it would be good to have a separate place on these boards for feature requests, just like the "Ask a question" board. Adding a "me too" button or using the original "like" button, votes could be cast for a feature request.
It wouldn't necessarily change Sonos' pace in taking action, or their policy on giving information on the status of development - the previous version of this system even had a "under consideration" and "rejected" status tag - but it would at least give some visibility to highly requested features.

Good suggestion.
Badge +1
Yes I’d like this feature too - currently have a beam and 2x play ones behind the sofa as surrounds, but when playing music sometimes would rather just use the play ones without the beam. Can’t seem to see if that’s possible at the moment but doesn’t seem to be?
That's not currently possibly with re configuring the surrounds as they're own separate room.
What's the point of having all these people asking for a preset feature and saying "great idea, we'll pass it along" but not do it. I've been asking for at least 4 years. Can't be that complicated. Its like the alarm, but "one button on demand". Please Sonos. Its about time.
Based on the Sonos business model, I would assume that they look at the list of things to do, and assess which ones will sell more speakers, and implement them first, and work their way down the list. Anything that would sell more speakers would have a higher priority than those that wouldn't, in a Product Manager's and Sales Manager's decision process.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
+1 for this feature, hope Sonos is listening and will be available some day as many users have requested for this. It would be great to have a preset feature to move the surround speakers lets say from "movie mode" to "music mode" where the surrounds can be used only to listen to music without separating the 5.1 and losing Trueplay. Another great feature would be to assign the Sub easily between rooms without having to do Trueplay again. I have a 5.1 with Beam, Sub and play 1s and would like to assign sub to to Play 5s but have to go through the process of doing Trueplay again.