Leaving the house with the music on pauze

• 24 June 2018
  • 6 replies

Sometimes when i leave my house i forgot to stop the music playing. Is it a option that when your wifi disconnects while your music is playing, you get a alert. You can turnback to house and stop the music.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Maybe it is possible playing with IFTT
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
There will never be that option. One of the plus points of the Sonos system is that if someone shuts down a controller, battery fails, goes out of range etc the music still plays. Went are your worried about the music still playing?

Iftt may be a solution but there is deliberately nothing in Sonos that does this.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
The closest automation I can think of without external help would be if you set a sleep timer in the playlist. Would that work? Not a simple or elegant fix, but might be a workaround of sorts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It's a bit of a hack, but if you're using Alexa with Sonos (the Sonos Skill), you can use Alexa on the Amazon Music app on your mobile device to tell Sonos to pause. The Amazon Music app has Alexa built in and should work to control Sonos at home, even when no longer on the same wireless.
Just want to confirm that it does work with the Amazon music app, and with the Alexa app. You can also visually stop and start the music without using your voice on the Alexa app, although it's limited.

Smartthing is also good for this. Really most of the smart hubs out there usually work with Sonos and can turn off the speakers when you're not home, or setup routines to turn off when your phone disconnects from wifi or through geofencing.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
It can be done with Yonomi. If I forget to turn off the music. I just have my google assistance on my phone to activate the stop routine in Yonomi. Then the music turns off most of the time. Yonomi is still a work in progress. The caveat is you need to have a stay home tablet or phone at holds all the routines you create.

I am actually waiting on the sonos integration to google assistance. To see if I can you the routine from google to do the same.