leave beta program

I've followed the directions to leave the beta program, however, all of my Sonos apps are still branded "beta", and I'm constantly being asked to "update" (but updates are rarely available). I'd like to fix this. Diagnostics report #3884834

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
uninstall the app from your device and install back from the app store or the original windows/mac install.
I am also unable to leave Beta
Once i think I am out, I'm constantly being asked to "update" and theese updates set me back to beta...
Badge
I also can't leave the beta, I've uninstalled the beta and then installed the normal version from the Google store and as soon as it opens it tells me to update the software which then takes me straight back into the beta version. Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are you sure you went onto the Sonos website.  Logged in - then under beta below profile you clicked on Leave
Badge
I tried the website approach the first time around maybe a few months ago but it did the same thing as happened today and I couldn't be bothered to research it further at the time so I just stuck with the beta.

This time around I unsubscribed through the app in the Advanced section of the settings menu. From there it notified me I was no longer in the beta program and I was to uninstall it to then reinstall the latest stable version from the Google Play store which I did.

As soon as I opened the app the update arrow symbol was at the top which then took me to another screen telling me to click the update link and I was back to square one.

Cheers. Edit: When I entered into the Advanced menu again and clicked on the beta program it no longer thinks I am participating and asks if I would like to join.
Badge
I just tried to leave the beta once again and the same problem occurs. When I get back into the non beta app it tells me to update which then tells me to click a link which takes it right back to the beta app again! This is really annoying now as the beta app crashes all the time on my phone! Help please!!
Userlevel 2
I would like help on this too.
I want to leave the beta program. Spotify is not working anymore. 4668108
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hans. You need no back on sonos where you signed up and remove yourself from beta. Your devices will then revert to the older version. I haven't heard anyone complaining of spotify not working on beta. I would maybe reach out to sonos to fix before giving up beta.
Badge
I tried that too.. But the only way I found possible was to go on the Sonos from my COMPUTER , go to settings, advanced, and leave beta. Then Uninstall the program. Install standard Sonos for Windows and the update...
And then your free from all the trouble