Answered

Latest update degrades Sonos sound quality

• 27 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Sound become muffled, lack of clarity and layering after update.

Diagnostic number: 1915351048
icon

Best answer by Keith N 27 February 2019, 16:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, bc4064. Software updates typically do not cause changes to the sound quality, so it will be quite challenging to assist over the forum. Whenever a user describes a problem with audio quality, I typically recommend giving our support technicians a call. They are able to troubleshoot this in real time and help determine if the device needs to be replaced.

Thanks!
I’ve contact the technical support, did a retune of trueplay, sound got in tuned, but the bass still lacks a solid earthy punch. It feels like it echoes and feels like you are in Active Noise Cancelling. I stream from Spotify and tidal if bitrates even matter here. I was satisfied with the bass before. I don’t know what went wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. Does this happen with all audio being played across all Sonos speakers or is this isolated to a specific room/speaker? Since you've reached out to support, you can also reply to the follow-up email from the technician you spoke to earlier. This will re-open the support ticket and get some additional help.