latest update

• 17 October 2018
  • 6 replies

..........and once again, the system totally craps out after an update...........thanks SONOS

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi. Can you please elaborate as to the precise nature of the issue? I'm afraid that doesn't really give us too much insight into what problems you are experiencing. The if the update repeatedly causes issues on your system, clearly there is a deeper issue here. Please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
I too, have updated to the latest sonos software. The problem I am experiencing is with Alexa.
This is with Sonos Play 1 and same issue on the connect.

When issuing a command to Alexa to play music (on any room, from any Alexa), Alexa will go through the motions and relay back what will be played, but I hear no music.

If I start music from the Sonos app, all is fine. I i then issue a command to Alexa, the music level is not lowered, as what used to happen.

Possibly NOT related... The amazon music app is also unable to play through sonos. Although connected to a sound device, the app shows the spinning wheel of death, but no music is being played through sonos, but is shown to be played on the amazon music app.

Comments from users who bad mouth the updates are really not helpful to the Sonos team. Just say what the problem is, it may get fixed sooner.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Complaining (with details) works see the shiny new 9.2.1 that fixes a couple aggravating bugs folks were posting with information Sonos could use to find the problems. So far 9.2.1 hasn't had the issues 9.2 had so I'm happier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
most post update issues have to do with router assigning IP addresses that other devices in the house are using and causing sonos to get flakey.

Giving all your sonos units in house (and for that matter all major network devices in house) permanent fixed IP addresses solves 90% of the issues on update.
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
Complaining (with details) works see the shiny new 9.2.1 that fixes a couple aggravating bugs folks were posting with information Sonos could use to find the problems. So far 9.2.1 hasn't had the issues 9.2 had so I'm happier.

What update for the Windows app? It's still on 9.2 .... still the hideous funereal colour scheme with barely visible play controls. Awful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Don't do Windows often so I have no clue about the Windows version, 9.2.1 is for Android.