Answered

Latest Sonos update now causing playback issues

• 18 May 2019
  • 4 replies

I have a Play 5 (2nd Gen) and Play 1 and since I was notified last night that an upgrade had happened I now struggle to get any playback at all. My Bluesound devices and airplay devices all work fine so it’s not a Wi-fi strength issue (around 25mbps) so I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue since the update? I get a few seconds of music and then it cuts out and regular disconnection issues with the speakers (cannot locate a speaker) and ‘unable to playback’ messages. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 May 2019, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

OK, huygir, I’ll bite.

Exactly what issue are you experiencing? What Sonos devices do you have? How are they connected? What device(s) is your controller on? How do you know you have no IP address issue?

As many others have expressed before, I too have not experienced any issues with a software update since I assigned reserved IP addresses for all devices on my network, but that’s not the only reason there can be issues, it’s just one of the common ones.

If you can share a tad more information beyond the fact that you’re unhappy, it’s entirely possible this community can assist. Or, if you prefer not to deal with us, you could contact [url=https://www.sonos.com/contact/contact-options%23]Sonos Support[/url] directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

damned Sonos… I don’t have any IP issues, and I only output my streaming to a whole-house system (not sonos speakers).  don’t produce updates if they are going to break everything.  this is a real pain.

Thanks Bruce. I ended up resetting my Sonos boost and unplugged everything and it’s now all working!
It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue with duplicate IP addresses, something that can be exposed by Sonos software updates.

Unplug all of your Sonos speakers from power.

Reboot your router, and give it a minute or two to fully boot up.

Plug back in your Sonos devices.

If this does indeed fix the issue, I would encourage you to look in to reserving IP addresses for all devices on your network. If a router gets into this state once, it’s certainly plausible that it will again.