Latest Sonos App version on iPhone 4S, stopped working

• 20 April 2019
  • 4 replies

For some reason the latest app version stopped my 4S from accessing and controlling my speakers. I have always used this old phone to stream music but now I get the black screen telling me the version is not compatible. The app really should be backward compatible. Please correct. Or enable going back to previous version.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
You can't go back to a previous version. The Sonos app requires iOS 10, can you even run that on an iPhone 4s? You'll need to download SonoPhone from the Store if your OS is too old for the official app.
Same thing happened with my SONOS and iPhone 4S. I got the response from SONOS that App Store requires that downloaded apps must comply with iOS 10. But that doesn't mean that updated SONOS must stop responding to the SONOS app that is on my iPhone 4S. I don't want a larger phone. I will buy a new iPhone when they offer something the size of my 4S but with a screen that extends to the edges. The iPhone costs more than my SONOS. Now I can control it only from my laptop or my wife's phone. Not happy.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
But that doesn't mean that updated SONOS must stop responding to the SONOS app that is on my iPhone 4S. I

Yeah it's unfortunate that you can't run the old app to at least control your updated system. Sonophone guy does it so why not?

If you like the smaller screen you may want to consider purchasing an iPhone SE while you can.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
As I said, try SonoPhone from the App Store. A lot cheaper than a new iPhone.