Question

latest controller update (8.2.2)

• 15 December 2017
  • 10 replies

I am trying to update to the latest controller (as it want let me play anything until i do) on my iMac but keep getting error code 1100. this appears to be "end of tape" how do i fix this. If i uninstall and reinstall, will i lose my link to my music on my mac from other controllers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

It is fine to try uninstalling the app. This will have no impact on your Sonos music library, details of which are stored on the players, not in the app.
Badge
I have the same problem trying to update the app on my iMac. Did you try uninstall? And if you did, did it work?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I upgraded, it failed, i deleted it only added two of my players, i deleted and it added them all.
I'm afraid thats just the quality you get from Sonos these days, from being a market leader to rubbish all in one app update.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Spoke to soon , it lost my rooms again.......
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
No they are back again, seems like open, quit, open, quit, at some point you get lucky.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No they are back again, seems like open, quit, open, quit, at some point you get lucky.
You have some kind of networking issue. What does 'About My Sonos System' report?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
A network issue that just happens to appear when I update Sonos when it’s been playing fine all day.

I have crap application from a company that no longer cares
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
A network issue that just happens to appear when I update Sonos when it’s been playing fine all day.
I have crap application from a company that no longer cares

Whatever you say. Being assisted is optional, as is offering assistance.

Working perfectly for me across two houses, numerous devices, numerous services, controllers running on iPhones, iPads, Kindles, Macs, and Windows machines. Guess I must just be lucky. Now unsubscribing from this thread.
Userlevel 1
Don't update...the new apps are as broken as anything I've ever used. Got 8.2.2 loaded and "service unresponsive" error is a non-stop problem now.
I unistalled sonos from my applications folder and it did the trick