Last.fm not scrobbling for songs playing with AirPlay?

• 8 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I can see the song name and artist in sonos controller, with the duration and everything. However, I don't see them scrobbled to my last.fm account.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Wow, does Last.fm still exist? I remember using them years ago when they streamed, but I have to wonder what's the point of using them now, just out of curiosity? Virtually every streaming service has recommendation services, so Last.fm seems like a relic of another time. What am I missing?
Yes Last.fm still exists - When you don't stick to one streaming service Last.fm acts as your logging for everything. I, for example, use most of the streaming services so Last.fm is very useful to me. I don't use last.fm for recommendation but for logging so i can see what I listened to yesterday. I have tools that create playlists automatically based on everything I have been listening to recently. Most importantly, if I am listening to some radio, the next day some song is stuck in my head and then i can go to my last.fm history to find that song.
Ah, ok, thanks!