Answered

Last.FM - No scrobble or double scrobble

• 30 October 2018
  • 32 replies

I'm using my Sonos since last Thursday, and it all work very great. However, I've got a small problem including my Last.FM music service. I added my Last.FM account on thursday, and it started "double scrobbling" all the songs that I listen to. I remember that since a couple of months Last.FM-account is connected to your Spotify-account, so I realised that I probably don't need to add the Last.FM service on my Sonos. However, when I turned Last.FM on my Sonos "off", it stopped scrobbling at all. When I turn it back on it starts double scrobbling again.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this?
icon

Best answer by Gertjan M 26 November 2018, 14:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Badge
I have this exact issue. Please solve it.
Accurate scrobbling is life!
In fact, I believe one must run the Spotify Android app, play at least a song, and then all the Sonos scrobbles suddenly appear...

So it seems the workaround is to run the Spotify app frequently on the phone... I couldn't figure out if starting the app does it, or if one must play a song too.

(sigh)

I can confirm this behavior. Noticed double scrobbles and remembered that "Spotify Scrobbling" through last.fm is supposed to scrobble "everything Spotify" for you automatically, so looked in Sonos, and the last.fm service was enabled (though I thought I turned it off months ago for this very reason). Played 30 minutes or so of music through Sonos, came back to last.fm and nothing was scrobbled. Tried opening the Spotify app on my phone, waited a minute, no scrobbles. Played a song on my phone, and viola, all the songs from the last 30 minutes appeared.
In fact, I believe one must run the Spotify Android app, play at least a song, and then all the Sonos scrobbles suddenly appear...

So it seems the workaround is to run the Spotify app frequently on the phone... I couldn't figure out if starting the app does it, or if one must play a song too.

(sigh)

I can confirm this behavior. Noticed double scrobbles and remembered that "Spotify Scrobbling" through last.fm is supposed to scrobble "everything Spotify" for you automatically, so looked in Sonos, and the last.fm service was enabled (though I thought I turned it off months ago for this very reason). Played 30 minutes or so of music through Sonos, came back to last.fm and nothing was scrobbled. Tried opening the Spotify app on my phone, waited a minute, no scrobbles. Played a song on my phone, and viola, all the songs from the last 30 minutes appeared.

I also had the same problem and can confirm this behaviour. Thanks to all!!

Still, this is only good as a workaround. Scrobbing should just work as it's supposed.
I am not sure but it could be fixed in the latest Sonos update. I updated it this morning and didn't get double scrobbles. Normally I have those every day. (I have spotify scrobbling turned because I use spotify without sonos outside the house on and also scrobble with Sonos because Spotifu on Sonos only scrobbled the most recent 50 tracks).
If I do see double scrobbles again later this week I will post about it.
I am not sure but it could be fixed in the latest Sonos update. I updated it this morning and didn't get double scrobbles. Normally I have those every day. (I have spotify scrobbling turned because I use spotify without sonos outside the house on and also scrobble with Sonos because Spotifu on Sonos only scrobbled the most recent 50 tracks).
If I do see double scrobbles again later this week I will post about it.

Nope. Sorry. Posted too soon. Problem is not fixed. 😞
Is there any intention to fix this? Having recently gotten sonos, this is definitely the only bugbear I have - I can either turn off scrobbling entirely, or I get double - one from Sonos when starting a song, and one from Spotify when it finishes.
Is there any intention to fix this? Having recently gotten sonos, this is definitely the only bugbear I have - I can either turn off scrobbling entirely, or I get double - one from Sonos when starting a song, and one from Spotify when it finishes.

I have been on last.fm since the Audioscrobbler days, over 14 years now, and despite the virtual demise of last.fm in terms of what it was and what it could have been, I still use it to track my music. I am having this exact same problem, with double scrobbles appearing some time after the tracks are actually played. This means I have to go through my account deleting all of the second scrobbles which can be a huge pain if I haven't done it for a few days. It is brilliant that last.fm and spotify are both included within Sonos, but is there any chance of this being fixed at all? I have pretty much stopped listening to Spotify through Sonos because of this.