Answered

Last.FM - No scrobble or double scrobble

• 30 October 2018
  • 32 replies

I'm using my Sonos since last Thursday, and it all work very great. However, I've got a small problem including my Last.FM music service. I added my Last.FM account on thursday, and it started "double scrobbling" all the songs that I listen to. I remember that since a couple of months Last.FM-account is connected to your Spotify-account, so I realised that I probably don't need to add the Last.FM service on my Sonos. However, when I turned Last.FM on my Sonos "off", it stopped scrobbling at all. When I turn it back on it starts double scrobbling again.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this?
icon

Best answer by Gertjan M 26 November 2018, 14:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Gertjan. Could you try removing and re-adding the service for us? It sounds like a very odd issue. If that doesn't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
I just removed and reinstalled it - thanks for the tip. I'll see if it will work.
Hi Edward,

A really strange thing happened. After re-installing the bug looked fixed, however when I check my Last.FM now, the same problem appears again.

Interesting (this happend the first time as well) is that the double scrobble doesn't happen at exactly the same time (but a couple of minutes apart, like one scrobbles at the start, the other at the end of the song).

Any other suggestions how to fix it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Apologies, Gertjan. I completely missed your response so I'm happy to jump back in. Just to test one thing, if you remove and re-add the service again, does the bug then go away temporarily once more, I wonder? It's more for testing purposes, by no means do I suggest you continuously do this. It might also be helpful to provide a diagnostic, just in case something stands out there. Could you reply with the confirmation number? Thanks in advance.
Hi Edward. I tried it again last weekend, and the double scrobbles still appears. Interesting thing is that the double scrobbles do not happen on exactly the same time (a couple of minutes apart).

Code: 2413927008
This isn't a very odd issue, I raised this as an issue a while back (I am still getting double scrobbles but only when using Spotify) The response was a simple from support "it's spotify" even though just using spotify on phone works perfectly. For me they don't repeat immediately but sometimes hours after sometimes showing with same time but mostly 2,3,4 minutes later. I hope this time round it get's resolved.
I think I found the problem. Since a couple of months your last.fm account is already embedded in spotify (once you activated it).

However, it looked like that when I was playing music through the sonos app, it didn't register the song as "Played through Spotify", so no scrobble. However, those scrobbles are only added at an X point in time (I think once I opened spotify on my phone on the Wi-fi). Then it started syncing.

So, for me the problem is solved, by actually not using the Last.FM in Sonos.
Badge
Thank you, Gertjan!! I had the exact experience/question, and you helped solve it perfectly. Appreciate the help!! Happy scrobbling 🆒
Hi everyone,

I do think the whole thing is a bit more complicated and may also be a little bit related to Amazon Alexa

At first:

I have two Sonos Ones in my Office Room and a playbar with two Play 1 in my living room.

I have a Spotify and an apple music account which I both want to track with last.fm
I also want to track when I'm on the go with my iPhone (Apple Music won't work)
Since a couple of month spotify is integrated into last.fm so I added my credentials there, which works perfectly on the go.

During working times I listen from my iPad or iPhone with Spotify Connect on my two Sonos Ones in the office.
Everything is working fine when streaming Spotify in the office via Spotify connect

Let's say I go to the living room in the evening, where I also have an amazon alexa device.

I say "Alexa play that and that on living room"

From that moment on, everything is messed up.
All songs are doubled in last.fm
And .. the really strange thing: the last 20 or 30 songs I streamed in the office via connect or also doubled now but appear usually the next morning

Same thing happens when I use the alexa feature of the two sonos one in the office

So my idea what happens is:

- If I'm using Spotify connect Sonos itself is not transmitting to last.fm (but somehow remembering the last few songs)
- if I'm using Spotify via Alexa or the Sonos App it is sending the songs to last.fm but also last.fm itself is counting the songs, so I have the doubles

I could off course disable the connection between Sonos and last.fm which may solve this, but in this case I won't have last.fm statistics if I listen to Apple Music through Sonos

It would be nice if we are able to select inside the last.fm plugin of Sonos which music services it should transmit.
So I can disable Spotify because it is already counted anyways
The only problem is: Spotify will only scrobble the last 50 songs when it gets the chance to scrobble. It's a max of the offline cache I think.
Hi, Gertjan. Could you try removing and re-adding the service for us? It sounds like a very odd issue. If that doesn't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance. I don't have the feeling any of the above replies provides a real solution to this issue. I have been experiencing the same issue for quite some time and don't find a solution. I have a set-up with a PC and android phone being used to play spotify. If I use spotify on the phone with external 'bluetooth' speakers or directly linked to an hifi through the headphones connector, scrobbling to last.fm works perfect. If I use my sonos set-up without the last.fm service, nothing gets scrobbled. If I activate the last.fm plugin on sonos, I get double scrobbles and with the same behaviour as described above: with a delay and a shift in the timestamps

Who can solve this?
No, it doesn't. It has a suggestion to try something, with a request to submit additional data if it doesn't work. I don't see that it purports to be "a real solution to this issue".

Perhaps if you were to assist in the figuring out of what the issue is by submitting additional data for them to review, there might be a more permanent solution.
Hi, Gertjan. Could you try removing and re-adding the service for us? It sounds like a very odd issue. If that doesn't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance. I don't have the feeling any of the above replies provides a real solution to this issue. I have been experiencing the same issue for quite some time and don't find a solution. I have a set-up with a PC and android phone being used to play spotify. If I use spotify on the phone with external 'bluetooth' speakers or directly linked to an hifi through the headphones connector, scrobbling to last.fm works perfect. If I use my sonos set-up without the last.fm service, nothing gets scrobbled. If I activate the last.fm plugin on sonos, I get double scrobbles and with the same behaviour as described above: with a delay and a shift in the timestamps

Who can solve this?

This is 100% accurate. I play through spotify or music library.

-When last.fm app in sonos is installed I get double scrobbles on Spotify
-When last.fm app in sonos is installed I get correct scrobbles when playing via my Music library
-When last.fm app in sonos is not installed I don't get any scrobbles in Spotify or music library

Please fix or let me know how I can help
Bump, still getting double scrobbles.
I also have same problem. Tried different things, disable last.fm scrobbels, uninstall, enable scrobbels.... Its either no last.fm scrobbels or double but i only get this problem when i play from sonos app. As in when i use spotify in sonosapp as alarmclock.
Why is this marked as answered? It still does not work.
Bump. Sonos to Spotify scrobbling does not work
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'd contact Spotify about this. It appears that when playback is via the Sonos app and using Spotify's Sonos-specific API, Last.fm scrobble settings are ignored. Only Spotify can address this.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
This is a very vexing problem. The simplest solution is to turn off scrobbling within Sonos, but that means you will miss scrobbles of songs played outside of Spotify (not Music scrobbles are any better).
I agree - this question is not answered. Sonos has stopped scrobbling entirely -- from Soundcloud, from Spotify, from Bandcamp. I use a manual scrobbler to make up for it but it's needlessly time-consuming with e.g. Spotify playlists. Help!
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I agree - this question is not answered. Sonos has stopped scrobbling entirely -- from Soundcloud, from Spotify, from Bandcamp. I use a manual scrobbler to make up for it but it's needlessly time-consuming with e.g. Spotify playlists. Help!

That shouldn’t be the case. Have you added the Last.fm music service in Sonos and made sure that Scrobbling is turned on?
Yes - last.fm is enabled in Sonos, connected & everything.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Yes - last.fm is enabled in Sonos, connected & everything.

It should be working: mine certainly is, and that is why I am getting double-scrobbles. Perhaps you should try removing the service and then setting it up again.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi! Becoming mad here too with this problem. Spotify's songs with Sonos scrobble sometimes, but appear on last.fm site x hours later (sometimes the day after) and sometimes don't scrobble at all. I think it's time developers fix this once and for all.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
In fact, I believe one must run the Spotify Android app, play at least a song, and then all the Sonos scrobbles suddenly appear...

So it seems the workaround is to run the Spotify app frequently on the phone... I couldn't figure out if starting the app does it, or if one must play a song too.

(sigh)