KILL THE CR100

• 13 February 2018
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I don't own a CR100 controller, so I don't see why anyone else should get to use one, or even want one in the first place. I am struggling with the reasons to actually kill the CR100 off so could you please help me by answering the following question:

'Despite not owning a CR100 my life will be so much better when the CR100 is dead for the following reasons......'

I do have one, 'because SONOS told me it was a good idea.'

I ask politely that posters stay on topic and provide valid reasons relating to life improvements they will receive when the nasty CR100 is gone.

Regards
Dave

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
There is a big thread regarding the CR100, best keep all the discussion in the single place or views/opinions will be diluted.
This is an ironic original post, but @bockersjv's advice is still valid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
@bockersjv @John B
Do you have anything valid to contribute to my thread? Thought not. I am not interested in saving the CR100, I want to kill it. I need the reasons.

Thanks
Dave
@bockersjv @John B
Do you have anything valid to contribute to my thread? Thought not. I am not interested in saving the CR100, I want to kill it. I need the reasons.

Thanks
Dave
A Road to Damascus experience then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Thanks for the pleasant reply, I was trying to be helpful, but your point is taken.

Sonos have said that it is a battery safety issue, as far as i have seen nothing has been added and no reprieve is being offered.. yet.

I do struggle to understand your logic. If you don't have one why is it so important to you that it is "killed" ?
Thanks for the pleasant reply, I was trying to be helpful, but your point is taken.

Sonos have said that it is a battery safety issue, as far as i have seen nothing has been added and no reprieve is being offered.. yet.

I do struggle to understand your logic. If you don't have one why is it so important to you that it is "killed" ?
There is no point. This is an ironic take on things from one of those users seeking to save the CR100.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Thanks John. I had a look back and now realise I am just feeding. Will stop now.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Here's some I read in the other thread. I'll put it here do those who wish to kill the cr100 don't need to read 1000 posts to find them. I'm sure there are lots more though.

Sonos doesn't need reasons beyond they can and will do whatever to reduce support costs.

Even people who bought this in 2009 got 8- 9 years worth.

Audio companies and Apple brick their products all the time right?

You don't own the software on the cr100 you just license it, times up.

Sonos sells the 1 which has voice control and is way better.

Sets the precedent to brick to zp80/100 then 90/120 in the future?

99.9 percent of Sonos customers have never heard of the cr100.
Thanks John. I had a look back and now realise I am just feeding. Will stop now.If he was really in favour of killing the CR100 he should probably have changed his 'Save the CR100' signature.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, all. Please add your constructive thoughts and remarks in the main topic. We will close this from any further responses. Thanks.