Keyboard media keys (play/pause) no longer work since Mojave

• 24 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
I installed Mojave yesterday and since then, the media keys on my Apple keyboard no longer control Sonos. They open iTunes.

Previously, if iTunes was open, these keys would always default to operating iTunes, but all I needed to do was close iTunes, and if the Sonos app was open, these keys would control Sonos instead.

Now with Mojave, they only control iTunes. Has anyone else run into this? Anyone have any workarounds or ideas? I've searched both Sonos and Apple forums but can't figure out a solution.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I have the exact same issue and it's driving me mad! I use it so much and I keep forgetting that it doesn't work leading to rage when I try to pause and the iMac starts playing something else from Safari or iTunes!

Please someone take pity and suggest something that can sort this 😃
I have "half of a fix". If you add Sonos to the list of apps that are allowed to control your computer, the play/pause media key works (at least on my 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar). The FF and Rewind buttons still don't do anything though.

Same problem here. I spoke with Apple and they were not a lot of help. So frustrating.
Has anyone found a resolution to this? I recently upgraded to Mojave and am seriously irritated!
i just updated my sonos app right now and my mac keyboard is able to control the pause/forward/backward(f7,f8,f9) functions again.
Userlevel 1
I have "half of a fix". If you add Sonos to the list of apps that are allowed to control your computer, the play/pause media key works (at least on my 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar). The FF and Rewind buttons still don't do anything though.

This solution fixed all the keys for me, thanks. You just need to make sure you restart the Sonos app after giving it permission by checking the checkbox.

I'm on Mojave 10.14.3 with Sonos 10.0.