Karaoke

• 23 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Sonos karaoke function

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I use a A/D converter to convert karaoke analog output into digital signal to sound bar. it works well w/o delay

Can you indicate which converter you used and how much effect it had on the delay?
Yep, that’s why I used the modifier “analog” in my post. The digital inputs are a different beast.
I use a A/D converter to convert karaoke analog output into digital signal to sound bar. it works well w/o delay
Really hard to do something like that, due to the inherent 70ms delay in all analog inputs in to the Sonos system. Effectively, the microphone would be a split second behind the music, and cause all sorts of confusion.

It's been discussed before in many threads in the past, you may want to do a search for the term Karaoke and see what turns up. Probably some good reading.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello again, Benjamin Montgomery Davies. I have relayed this request along to the team for consideration. Thanks!