Jukebox mode?

• 12 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve read so many threads asking for Jukebox mode so people can add to the queue but not have their song immediately play.

Surely there could be a setting to toggle on or off the “play now” option in the app which would mean you could pass your controller around and people can add without the song instantly starting?

Are there currently any plans to create a jukebox style mode - it would be good to know the official stance rather than looking at so many threads where the answer from Sonos is “we’ll think about it” and then nothing happens.

Has anyone made an easy work around for this for their system so friends can add tracks to the queue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

hi @Facebegone you can select a track from the library with ‘Play Next’, ‘At to End of Queue’ or ‘Play Now’ - is this not what you want?

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I'm aware of that. My point is I'd like to pass my controller to friends to cue up music. Unfamiliar users of the app just press the song they want and it automatically plays straight away, replacing the current song. It would be great to have an option where selecting a track set it to 'play next' or 'end of queue'... rather than interrupting the current song. Doing this would give a much better experience and almost be like a Jukebox... 

​​​​​​It seems a simple change so not sure why it couldn't be set as an option somewhere!?

I don't think it is too hard to get people to understand that they should tap the three dots and not the song title.

Sonos have always been wary of adding further options, and rightly so IMO. Every option seems like a minor complication in itself, but there have been countless options requested. 

You are of course entitled to ask for this, but it doesn’t seem to me that it adds much, if anything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Facebegone , I’ve passed this feature request to the development team for consideration :) 

Userlevel 1

John, appreciate what you're saying re adding features. When you have 20 tipsy friends (who've forgotten their reading glasses) all wanting to add songs using a tiny mobile phone screen you can imagine how frustrating it is. A toggle setting somewhere to change your default press action from "play now" to "add to queue" or "play next" seems quite a trivial but would really improve the UI for a lot of people I think...

Userlevel 1

Sotiris C, thanks, I hope it will be considered... would be a good way to appease many of us who want a Jukebox type feature!