iTunes playlists are not showing in Imported Playlists

• 7 August 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Recently none of my iTunes playlists are imported into Sonos. All music tracks have been imported but not the playlists. All music and iTunes data are in My Music folder. Can someone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Same problem sine I upgraded here. Don't want to remove my whole music collection...way forward?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hey symosh,

In 5.3 there was an issue where iTunes 12.2 has changed the library XML files so Sonos couldn't read the playlists, an issue fixed in 5.4

If the library options were 'greyed out', it may be because your Sonos software on the Mac was a later version than your Sonos system. You will have all your options if you update your players to the latest version as well.
Userlevel 2
Hello: I have the same issue. I had upgraded to 5.4 (On Mac, Yosemite) and then lost all of the preferences settings in Sonos. Hence, could not update my playlists.

I tried a number of fixes, and eventually uninstalled and went back to 5.3. Now I have all of the preferences, but my iTunes playlists have disappeared, with Sonos controller telling me that there are no selections are available...

Ideas? The XML file is in the appropriate location.
The folders are all there, just no playlists...
Regards,
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
If that doesn't solve it, please tell us where your iTunes is storing the music library, you may have a certain XML file missing from the location where Sonos is looking for your music ;)

In that case you would go to iTunes Settings > Advanced > Share iTunes Library XML with others.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hey Big_Mo, Josh has the best suggestion.

iTunes had a major update at the end of June which changed the file Sonos would read to pick up your playlists. That was resolved in the latest 5.4 update.

If you are actually on 5.4, be sure to re-add your library by removing it from Manage > Music library settings.

Then re-add your music library.

If that doesn't solve it, please tell us where your iTunes is storing the music library, you may have a certain XML file missing from the location where Sonos is looking for your music 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Have you updated your controller and system to 5.4?