Answered

Issues with Sonos app connectivity, keeps dropping connection.

• 25 June 2018
  • 5 replies

I recently set up two Sonos connects to control my existing home speaker system. I have already had lots of issues with my WiFi so we have multiple WiFi networks throughout our home to have everyone on a good connection. However when it comes to Sonos it appears to only be able to be on one WiFi network. The network doesn’t reach either connect with that great of a signal. The problem arises that while I’m walking around my house the app seems to lose connection or can’t find the system.

So my question is would it be better to buy a boost or is this a WiFi networking problem that I need to fix with wireless access points? Also would wiring one of the connects help this?
icon

Best answer by ratty 25 June 2018, 17:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are your 'multiple WiFi networks' based around a number of routers? If so, and they're still acting as routers, your network is being broken into multiple segments (subnets). Sonos controllers and players need to inhabit the same subnet.

Modern routers often have a 'bridge' or 'access point' mode available in the configuration. That's what you should use.
Okay so you’re saying I should bridge the current multiple router set up I have?
Unless you actually want to have multiple subnets for some reason then, yes, you should put the additional routers into bridge mode. Obviously the primary gateway router to the internet doesn't change.
Okay thanks I’ll give that a try
I have the same issue and use Google WiFi system, how can I correct it?

Thanks