Is there way to play podcasts at 1.5x or 2x speed?

• 7 February 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
I am able to play back podcasts from either my computer or from the device itself using sonos software. But I would like to be able to play them at x1.5 or x2.0 speed so that I can get through them faster. Is there anyway to do with Sonos software? I have Sonos on my Windows7 device and on iPad and iPod Touch and iPad mini. Right now, I have one sonos speaker and one connect:amp input from a receiver attached to speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Sonos, this is an option that the community would find useful. It is standard fare for podcasts apps. Without it, Sonos is not a reasonable choice for many users.
Userlevel 1
I am disappointed that this feature does not yet exist! Increasing speed is crucial for podcast listening!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I have a 5.1 Sonos system and look forward to 2x feature. Just provide a TBD such as quarter, 1 year or 2 years or more. Thanks

Hi baiyar

Sonos do not typically speak about what they are working on or anticipated delivery times (although the current Amazon integration appears to be a departure from this.) so I doubt you will hear anything even if it is in the development roadmap. They do typically take this type of input and promote to their internal departments regarding design/interface requests where it would be assessed.. so not a bad process for a larger organization, but the level of consideration actually given I suspect varies greatly by idea presented.
I have a 5.1 Sonos system and look forward to 2x feature. Just provide a TBD such as quarter, 1 year or 2 years or more. Thanks
Dear Sonos, I would love this option as well! Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge
has this been implemented?

is this possible now?
Userlevel 2
Unfortunately Jeff, we do not have that feature at this time. I have moved your questions over to the ideas section so that others may vote on it.