Question

Is there anyone that likes the new app? Does Sonos management care?

• 9 December 2017
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 1
The new app is so incredibly non-intuitive. I see many complaints. I imagine more would complain if they didn't have to create profiles to discuss in the community. The usability seems bad enough I am questioning selling my sonos equipment. Is there any out there who actually likes the new app interface? Are there advantages? Has Sonos management listened to customers on this issue?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
From the message I had from the CEO those complaining are classed as a very small community.
I don’t actually think anything will happen unless they perceive a drop in sales, would I sell my system no.
Would I now recommend or buy more sonos no.

If the Apple speaker gets great reviews I many look at a long term swap out.

CEO obviously doesn't boter checking Google Play then as the 8.x app has had a right roasting.

Wonder if i has put any potential customers off?.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for sharing, avninja. I'm sorry your first thread on the community turned into a war zone of inappropriate comments. Instead of deleting anything, I'm going to remind everyone that personal attacks, inciting others to start them, and using curse words are not appropriate here. I've edited the formatting of that post above from Chris.

Everyone is allowed to share their feedback, and we all need to remember that disagreeing isn't a license to insult. Disagreeing with feedback is also ok. That said, let's all give everyone the benefit of having common interests and remember that we all love music, and want Sonos to be the best it can be. There are a lot of threads on the new app, and we haven't merged them together, though we may do so later. You're welcome to post on existing threads or make new ones. We'll continue to share feedback with the team.

On that note, avninja, the team that designs our app and everyone all the way up the management tree have heard feedback from our customers. We are working on the app and there will be new updates in the future that include criticism and continue to improve on the existing version. Not every upcoming update will have app changes, but you can expect to see some coming in the future as design continues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Thanks Ryan for the edit.

.... actually the inadvertent spacing is still there
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Ryan for the edit.

.... actually the inadvertent spacing is still there

Weird, must not have gone through... it should be fixed now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Better now. Strange it kept wanting to skip to next line.