Is there another app or system I can use my Sonos setup with ???

• 5 November 2017
  • 4 replies

I was under the impression that Sonos was the market leaders it this sector, so I paid what I thought was over the odds for my system. the speaker are ok but the app is a disaster. It is defiantly not user friendly and hard to use. I thought it was because it was now to me, but I've been using it a couple of months and its still terrible. I want to use my iPhone and my Mac on this system, but am finding it impossible for them to work together correctly in unison, and read my play lists. I'm not interested in all the extra paid for music site , just my music, which I've paid for and is on my system. After reading the app reviews I see I'm not the only person. I actually think my 10 year old son could build a better app .

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Sonopad is far better than the native Sonos app..however it does have its limitations...it won’t allow you to,play music stored on the ipad you are using to control the system although it will from a computer..as long as it’s on of course...and it can’t set alarms.....having said that it’s far superior in having what you want to access there in front of you rather than hidden in weird and wonderful locations..best paid for app i have bought...try it...
the speaker are ok but the app is a disaster. It is defiantly not user friendly and hard to use. I thought it was because it was now to me, but I've been using it a couple of months and its still terrible. I want to use my iPhone and my Mac on this system, but am finding it impossible for them to work together correctly in unison, and read my play lists. I'm not interested in all the extra paid for music site , just my music, which I've paid for and is on my system. After reading the app reviews I see I'm not the only person. I actually think my 10 year old son could build a better app .
I will not comment on the recent UI change, but the Mac controller has not changed for some years now, and is very useful. You would have to search very hard for one that works better in any competing system, and I am fairly sure that your issues of things "not working correctly in unison" are nothing to do with the app as your 10 year old prodigy will also discover.
It is also likely that you expect Sonos to do things it isn't designed to do as of now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
I've never owned a piece of Apple equipment but this Sonopad could be the reason why I buy one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Check out Sonopad for iPad or Sonophone