Is there a physical controller that allows you to change the input source on a Sonos connect?

• 6 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have a turntable plugged in to a Sonos Connect that's running a pair of bookshelf powered speakers. I love it because I can play the record throughout the whole house. The only thing that bothers me with this setup is that if I stream something to the speakers where the turntable is, and then try to play a record. I have to go to the Sonos app and change the input to line-in. I wish it would change automatically like it does on the playbar when you turn on the tv, but is does not. But I was checking out the Wrensilva console that Sonos is selling, and it has an input selector where you can manually change the input of the speaker between line-in and streaming as well as a volume knob. Is there a third party device that would give you this kind of functionality?... and while we're on the subject, is there a physical control that would allow you to group zones?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Turning on Autoplay will make the system automatically switch to the Line-in when audio is detected (i.e. when you drop the needle). You can also set a default room to play the Line-in to. For more information on Autoplay, see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080#autoplay