Question

Is Samsung Note8 compatible with Sonos Play 1?

• 26 February 2018
  • 7 replies

I just bought a Sonos Play 1 today at Best Buy. Samsung Note8 can't find the Network and I am stuck setting up the speaker. I tried an older android phone and I was able to connect. I am not going to use an old phone just to play music, is there a work around to this if Samsung Note 8 is not compatible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
If it won't update to android 4.3, then no good for sonos :-
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/127

Whats wrong with using an old phone as a controller?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Note 8 will run android 4.4

What version is your Note 8 running.

You said an older android would connect (you mean in setup when it asks you to connect to Sonos). Did you complete the setup with the old phone.
If it won't update to android 4.3, then no good for sonos :-
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/127

Whats wrong with using an old phone as a controller?
I just don't want to have two phone to carry around the house.
Note 8 will run android 4.4

What version is your Note 8 running.

You said an older android would connect (you mean in setup when it asks you to connect to Sonos). Did you complete the setup with the old phone.

Note 8 is Android 4.4. Sonos connected to Samsung S7 with no issue. I guess I just have to use old phone as controller.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It may have some connectivity issues with your network. Go to phone settings. Tell it to forget your home WiFi. Reboot phone and router. Add back home WiFi to phone. That should clear networking issues.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello mobleydcat, are you using any wireless boosters or extenders within your household? Is the Note 8 perhaps connected to a different wireless network or a guest network? This may also cause issues connecting to your Sonos system.