Question

Is it possible to play Apple Music on 6.3.2

• 11 November 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi, as the title suggests can I play Apple Music on my iPhone SE using App version 6.3.2
I can't see the Add Music Services icon and really don't want to update the software as it has a 'one touch to play' track which I dislike using.
My wife iPhone 6 has version 6.4.1 and that will play Apple Music but has the annoying 'one touch function' that cuts off the track you're listening too like cheaper music systems.
I've probably answered my own question but is there a work around, and also a way of going back to an earlier version on the other devices we have?
Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Once you have updated to latest release of sonos, there is no going backwards. You can only go backwards to last full release, if you are on a beta release.
I thought once a music service has been added to sonos, it would appear on all controllers.....

I thought once a music service has been added to sonos, it would appear on all controllers.....

That should be the case .... but with controllers on different versions I'm not surprised to see problems.

@JFC - the "one touch to play" approach has nothing to do with whether a system is cheap or not. Sonos gave in to calls from a minority of users to make the experience more like iTunes (for example). Many of us hate it but you can't stick where you are forever so might as well update now and get your system on a consistent basis.

You can avoid the interruption to the currently playing track by clicking the "more info and options" (three dots on some controllers) and selecting "play next".
Userlevel 1
Badge
You are absolutely correct. The Apple Music icon just appeared on the SE phone so it must be linked to the other phone. I'll connect the iPhone 6, iPad and kids iPods to iTunes and restore to an earlier date with the older Sonos software. The one touch play should really be an option that the user can decide to use or not. The older version is so much better for continuous non interrupted music.
I'll connect the iPhone 6, iPad and kids iPods to iTunes and restore to an earlier date with the older Sonos software..

I'm unclear how this will take you back to older Sonos software, and my view as stated is that you are fighting a losing battle here.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'll give it a go.

Thanks again
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'm unclear how this will take you back to older Sonos software, and my view as stated is that you are fighting a losing battle here.

If the Sonos app on the computer running iTunes hasn't been updated to a newer version, it will install that older downloaded version onto the devices when synced through iTunes.

BTW John, it's not just iTunes that this Sonos software update functions like. Spotify, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, and many other on-demand music service apps all function at least very similar, if not exactly the same.

If the Sonos app on the computer running iTunes hasn't been updated to a newer version, it will install that older downloaded version onto the devices when synced through iTunes..

Thanks, I didn't know that.

BTW John, it's not just iTunes that this Sonos software update functions like. Spotify, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, and many other on-demand music service apps all function at least very similar, if not exactly the same.

I did know that - hence the "for example" after mentioning iTunes, but my meaning wasn't very clear.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks guys, all done and now working correctly with older software.