Answered

Is it possible to edit/synch Apple playlists from Sonos app?

• 24 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Prior to becoming a Sonos user, I had a practice of adding new music to a designated Apple playlist, then editing the playlist (while I am listening to the songs for the first time) to remove the songs that I did not want to keep in my library. Now that I am a Sonos user, I can listen to the Apple playlist just fine from the Sonos app, and I can remove songs from the Sonos queue, but it seems that it is not possible to synch the Sonos queue with the Apple playlist (i.e., actions taken in the Sonos queue are not synched to the Apple playlist). Also it seems that I can not use AirPlay to play from the Apple Playlist to the Sonos speakers, because I have Play1's that are not compatible (at least presently, maybe they will be in the future with a software update?) with AirPlay. As a result, when listening to my Apple playlist from the Sonos app, I need to toggle back and forth between the Apple Music app and the Sonos app to delete songs that I do not want to keep. Is there a better solution? Is there a software update forthcoming to enable Airplay with Play1's?
icon

Best answer by Smilja 24 November 2018, 16:12

No, it's not possible to edit Apple playlists from Sonos app. It would be on Apple to improve that.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, it's not possible to edit Apple playlists from Sonos app. It would be on Apple to improve that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can of course make a Sonos playlist from the current Queue, but Sonos has always dealt with external data (eg your music collection) in a read-only fashion.