Answered

Is it possible to disable the Everywhere group?

• 1 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a fair number of Sonos speakers throughout my house which can be thought of in 4 zones: upstairs, downstairs, garage, and patio. There is rarely, if ever, a case when I want all speakers on at the same time, so I would like to disable the ‘Everywhere’ default speaker group and only use my own. Is that possible?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 January 2022, 06:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’ve never seen an option in the controller to disable that group. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Why would you want this? Do you have users you do not trust to handle your system responsibly? Do you activate this function inadvertently?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why would you want this? Do you have users you do not trust to handle your system responsibly? Do you activate this function inadvertently?

I can’t speak for the OP, but when work-from-home became a thing my wife had the habit of playing her music “everywhere” while I was in an online meeting from my office, causing hilarity all round. For a while…

I “fixed” this by setting up my own Sonos Household in my office with a Five (for PC audio), so she can’t get to that, or include it in any group from my main Household.

Now if only I could stop the dogs barking for every Amazon delivery, I would be totally set audio-wise for WFH.