Answered

iPort XPress Setup Problem - No Sonos players found

I’m setting up my 1st iPort XPress. I get it connected to my Wifi. The next step is “Choose your Sonos”. I get the error “No Sonos players found”. I can then switch over to my Sonos app and see all of my Sonos components. 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by smtron11 10 April 2020, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I think Iport has a support chat they may be able to find if some kind of issue with iport

https://danainnovationsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200366905-iPort/

I have the same issue… Any idears

I have the same issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I would contact Iport as there must be an issue currently with them

https://danainnovationsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or chat I posted above.

I have the same issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

same best way to get answer - with iport.  Hopefully someone posts here that actually speaks to iport and lets everyone know what is happening on their end.

The reply from iPort is:

We have become aware that Sonos just did an update on their platform which has caused some xPRESS keypads to no longer control the devices they were bound to.  In order to resolve this concern, please do the following:

1. Fully charge your xPRESS keypad until the LED indictor turns green.
 2. Conduct a firmware update on the xPRESS keypads by simultaneously holding down the Play/Pause and Volume UP keys for 12 seconds until the LED begin to flash purple.
 3. Wait until the firmware update is complete as indicated by a flashing while LED, then test the keypad for Sonos control.

Hi, I’m setting up my iPort XPress. I get it connected to my Wifi. The next step is “Choose your Sonos”. I get the error “No Sonos players found”. I can then switch over to my Sonos app and see all of my Sonos components. In order to resolve this concern, I do the following:

1. Fully charge your xPRESS keypad until the LED indictor turns green - OK

2. Conduct a firmware update on the xPRESS keypads by simultaneously holding down the Play/Pause and Volume UP keys for 12 seconds until the LED begin to flash purple - nothing happens

3. Holding down the Next Track Button and Volume UP keys for 12 seconds the LED lights purple    up only once and then flash white

Afterwards I keep getting the error “No Sonos players found” :(

Ask for your help with the firmware update. Thanks.

BR, Achtmark

The reply from iPort is:

We have become aware that Sonos just did an update on their platform which has caused some xPRESS keypads to no longer control the devices they were bound to.  In order to resolve this concern, please do the following:

1. Fully charge your xPRESS keypad until the LED indictor turns green.
 2. Conduct a firmware update on the xPRESS keypads by simultaneously holding down the Play/Pause and Volume UP keys for 12 seconds until the LED begin to flash purple.
 3. Wait until the firmware update is complete as indicated by a flashing while LED, then test the keypad for Sonos control.

Firmware reload is accomplished by pressing the play/pause and volume DOWN buttons.

Thanks :) i could select the Sonos players -pairing successful

But it does not work correctly - play/pause or any other function does not work on the iport. In the sport app the device can be selected on the second try, scene setting or favorites does not work either.

What happened?

Both my iport xpress devices quit working this morning.  Things I tried.

Removed one of them and attempted to add it back.  Bad idea.  After much fooling around, it suddenly added back and allowed me to select on of my SONOS devices.  But it wouldn't work.

Lots of can’t find any SONOS device messages.

Reloaded firmware.  Once again, very erratic, but never actually controlled a device.  Called iPort.  Immediately got a very nice, competent human on the phone.  He promised to RMA me some new ones.  He called back later and said they have had many calls today about the same problem.  They are looking into it and hope to have a solution soon.

Waiting patiently.

Suddenly, both my iports started working again.  Just as suddenly as they stopped a few days ago.  No SONOS updates.  No iport updates.  Not working in the evening.  Next morning working.

Go figure.

It suddenly works again!  Crazy stuff!

I purchased an iport xpress on ebay. Set it up overnight. The next morning it wasn’t responding. I decided to reset it. Mistake. Now it won’t load at all. When it looks for the iport WiFi it says cant find WiFi. I spoke with a great guy named Brian from iport. We ran all the diagnostics. Tried what he said seemed liked everything. Finally said we will do an email and get you a new one, only to find out it is out of warranty. New from eBay apparently isn’t new. Now I’m dealing with eBay for a replacement. Anyone else having iport Xpress issues. Now sure if it is software or hardware issue. I have the newest Sonos update. 

Badge +1

My iport stopped working recently. 

I’ve tried updating firmware (how do you validate that it has actually updated?) and re-adding it network which works - but it doesnt find any Sonos players (I’ve set Sonos to run on the 2.4 network).

Any ideas?

thanks 

This might help:

https://danainnovationsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050562151-SONOS-12-1-and-IPORT-xPRESS

When pressing the button combination shown, the LED will start to flash purple as it attempts to connect. During the actual update the LED flashes more quickly, then goes solid for a few seconds once the update’s complete.

Badge +1

Ok so if the firmware has been updated but I still can’t find any Sonos players (on 2.4 network).  What else can I try?  

thanks.