Answered

iPhone X problems

• 30 January 2018
  • 30 replies

Is anyone else having an issue with iPhone X dropping Sonos?
My phone will randomly not be able to find Sonos, while my older iPad has no issues(?)
Thank you!
icon

Best answer by nickward51 13 May 2018, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It having any issues with mine.
I'd actually make the assumption that the issue is your iPhone is losing connection to the internet signal. Could be something in the settings of the Apple iOS (check to see if wifi assist is turned on, if so, turn it off), it could be a duplicate IP address issue with the iPhone. Might be worth deleting the wifi information on the iPhone, rebooting it and the router at the same time, and then reconnecting to your wifi.
Same here. Connection problems on my iPhone X. Switched from iPhone 7 which worked perfectly. My wife still uses her iPhone 7 with no issues controlling our sonos.

See here for my post:
https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/app-not-optimized-for-iphone-x-6793671/index1.html#post16205951
Same! Had Sonos running without issue on iPhone 6S for over a year. Upgraded to iPhone X last week, constant dropping/unable to connect. No issue with my network, no other connected devices are having issues. Dropping issue isn't as prevalent when streaming Spotify but Pandora is jacked. Deleted network info, deleted app/re installed. Still having issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have not been having any issues with my iPhone X and Sonos. It must be some connectivity issues with your personal network.

I would recommend posting a diagnostic from settings. Advanced in Sonos app and posting your own thread describing issues. You do seem to be having some network issues - none of which sound like issues that would be related to the iPhone X
Hey there, NiccosGeorge. Chris is correct with the suggestion about the local network. The phone acts as only a controller for Sonos. This means if you are experiencing audio dropouts, the problem is originating between the speakers and the internet. The controller itself (your iPhone) only sends the command to the speaker to call out to the music service.

That being said, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number. I'll be happy to take a look and advise on next steps.

Thanks!
I’m having exactly the same issues described above. Same Sonos devices ( 2 x Play3). - new controller (iPhone 😵. My old iPad still works as before. In both cases I am playing songs stored on the devices and it plays half a song before skipping to the next (or beyond)
I’ve just submitted diagnostic 239825638.
Hi there, MichaelMck. Thanks for posting and for the diagnostic report. Based on my findings, I'm seeing both players are losing connection to the router. Could you tell us a little more about your local network including the make and model of your router? Is it possible to plug one of these players into the router using an Ethernet cable?

Thanks!
Badge
I’m having the same issue with my iPhone X - randomally will not be able to connect to Sonos and then connects again later, typically after having to wait around 5 minutes or so. Whenever I check other devices (iPad, my wife’s iPhone 6, my Mac) they are always all connected fine? Let me know if you want me to submit a diagnostic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I was mentioning the other day how stable my iPhoneX.

Have you tried telling it to forget your home wifi in iPhone settings...reboot router and phone...add back wifi to the iPhone. Its possible that with ios updates your router has multiple IP addresses assigned to it (common issue with ios devices).
Badge
Yeah done all that - reset the the network settings on my phone and restarted the router this morning but it's still happening
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
do you have 2.8 and 5ghz networks. Does it make difference being on different one?
Badge
I have both but I am of the understanding that Sonos One only works on 2.4? Do you mean does it make a difference which one my phone is on? How do I select this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your controller can be on either. Try the 5.0ghz connection and see if that gives you better stability and less interference.

The speakers themselves operate on 2.4 but that doesn't apply to controllers connecting to the router.
Badge
OK, thanks. How do I set the connection for my iPhone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm connected with my iPhone X via 5ghz (just checked). So maybe that is why its so stable for me.

Maybe the iPhone X is susceptible to wifi interference and the 2.4ghz band has so much that it drops.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Just go into your iPhone settings....wifi settings. I assume you have separate 5.0 and 2.4 ghz. Tell phone to forget the 2.4ghz connection and then connect to your 5.0 ghz network.

No changes within Sonos need to be made. Sonos doesn't care how your connected to your router by your phone.
Badge
I'm connected with 5ghz. However after looking at by BT Whole Home set up I see that my Sonos One is appearing twice with two different I P Addresses and different names which may have been a result of me trying to 'fix' Sonos when reconnecting it to the router directly and setting it up again. Is there a way to reset the wireless settings completely without doing a factory reset?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would go in to the BT settings and give the Sonos One Mac address an brand new IP address (not one of the two you see it currently having). Then reboot the Sonos one and it should pickup only the new IP address and be fine.
Badge
When you say 'go in' do you mean set this on the router as a fixed IP?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes I would give all Sonos units fixed IP addresses in the router.
Badge
Seems to be working so far - will see how we go. Thanks Chris
Badge
Spoke too soon - lost it again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would submit a diagnostic from the Sonos app...settings .... advanced.... Post the diagnostic number here and lets have Sonos take a look at your wifi in your house to see if some interference issues they may have pointers on.

Are you running Sonosnet (one device hooked to router) or just off of wifi only?