iPhone Problems

• 4 September 2018
  • 13 replies

Badge
I'll resurrect this as this is the exact issue I'm having. Only on an iPhone X running all the latest iOS. My wife's iPhone 7 Plus, again, fully updated, works fine. My iPad Pro, works fine. iPhone X does the same exact issue as described. I even went so far yesterday to fully wipe the phone. Full factory reset wondering if other apps or MDM (Airwatch) might have impacted it. Set up a brand new phone (no restore), installed the Sonos app first. Used it and the issue immediately happened. Works great until I switch to another app or let the screen go dark. When I re-open it/go back to app, it's frozen. Totally unresponsive and the only way to get it to work is close the app, reopen it, wait about 5 seconds as it 'reboots' itself.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, texrun. Welcome to the Community! Typically, we recommend creating a new topic rather than tag onto an older topic. 😛

I, too, have an iPhone X and am unable to reproduce the problem here. What version of iOS are you using? Would you mind replicating the problem and then submitting a diagnostic report? I'd be happy to take a closer look and advise on next steps. Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end.

Thanks!
Badge
Hi Keith. I'm running 11.4.1. I just updated to the Sonos v9.1 this morning (from 9.0). It then did the update to the actual Sonos system (from whatever the latest version was prior). I've tested it since 9.1 and so far, it has operated normally where 9.0 did the same thing this morning. I'm submitting diagnostics to you now just in case the older issue is documented in the logs. Confirmation number 1765572577. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the report! Just to verify, since updating the problem hasn't come back? It seems to be working according to the diagnostic report. When I check out the Controller App logs, it tells me that the network changed and that it has to re-subscribe to UPnP services. This might be what was causing the unresponsive controller.
Badge
Yes, so far, I've taken two breaks and tested and it seems to be operating as it should. Meaning, since updating this morning to 9.1, the problem seems to have gone away. If I see it re-occur, I'll send another report and reference here again. Thanks, Keith!
Badge
Keith, it's back. With a vengeance. Now, every time I use the Sonos App on the iPhone X (with IOS 12), it freezes. I've captured logs and submitted them yesterday on three or four consecutive freezes. Basically, once I swtich away from the app for any reason at all (close/lock phone, switch to another app, get a phone call, etc.) the Sonos app is frozen upon returning. Close app, relaunch and it goes right back to the frozen state/screen...then after 5 seconds or so restarts itself and functionality is restored until you move away again.
Badge
Log numbers: 348193931, 1014408136, 1693490450, 688756837
Badge
Log numbers: 348193931, 1014408136, 1693490450, 688756837. I saw the same thing on my wife's iPhone 7 running IOS 11.2.1. I then went to my neighbors house and he's seeing the same thing on his iPhone X (not sure of IOS version) on his own Sonos sytem.
Same probleem here as well.
Sonos Netherlands says they can’t do anything about it and I should try playing music from my computer or a streaming service which are both not an option for me. Using Sonos, in my case, with iPhone X (iOS 12.1) and iPad Pro 10.5 (iOS 12.1) simply does not work anymore. In the end the Sonos representative said I should contact Apple. Really, after spending more than 1000€ on the Sonos system in order to (as advertised) play music seamlessly from my apple devices and when it does not work I should contact Apple. Great customer service.
Badge
ilija, I've been working directly w/ the Sonos support team and a fix is in progress. I will say my direct contact with them (US customer support) has been excellent. While the issue is frustrating, I know they are working it out and they've been super responsive and keeping me up to date. I'm actually very impressed with the service and I'm hopeful you and I and any others having the problem will see it resolved soon.
I have same issue. App crashes continually after first touch. Happens on iPhone Xs Max, iPhone X and new iPad Pro 11.
Totally unresponsive and the only way to get it to work is close the app, reopen it, wait about 5 seconds as it 'reboots' itself.
Same thing happening with me. It worked fine the other day and now it freezes each time I open the app. Sometimes I'm quick enough to get it to respond to a "button press" but most of the time it freezes up straight away. I noticed that the Sonos app was updated in the App Store just 1 day ago - perhaps a bug?

I managed to get diagnostics from my iPhone X: 724968944

iPad Pro (9.5") running iOS 12.1.1 (Software update says it is up to date)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Totally unresponsive and the only way to get it to work is close the app, reopen it, wait about 5 seconds as it 'reboots' itself.
Same thing happening with me. It worked fine the other day and now it freezes each time I open the app. Sometimes I'm quick enough to get it to respond to a "button press" but most of the time it freezes up straight away. I noticed that the Sonos app was updated in the App Store just 1 day ago - perhaps a bug?

I managed to get diagnostics from my iPhone X: 724968944

iPad Pro (9.5") running iOS 12.1.1 (Software update says it is up to date)

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic. I see that your Sonos components are having a hard time staying in communication with your wireless network. This is likely why the controllers are having a hard time communicating with Sonos. You have a couple wireless access points running on different wireless channels. This is causing some interference between the signals. We recommend keeping all access points on the same wireless channel as it makes it easier for your Sonos speakers to communicate across your network. Try that and let me know how it goes.