Answered

IPhone app

• 22 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Eight out of 10 times my wife or I go to use our Iphones to use Sonos, it wont let us. This is due to needing to update the app which seems to happen way too often or whatever reason. I think its lame you have to do the update for the system for it to work! That fact is, this becoming a pain in the ass. The Desk top seems to be able to use the system more consistently but is less convenient. Additionally, trying to contact you guys is a pain in the ass too. Am I the only one having this problem? As much as I like the product am considering looking for an alternative with less hassle.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 October 2018, 18:47

How often do you use your Sonos? I think they update the software around every other month or so, at least in the last 6 months. There's not a set schedule, since they release when there's a need to change, due to functionality changing. But you shouldn't need to update the app every time you use it, unless you're rarely using it, or happen to perhaps be in one of their betas, which I assume update on a more frequent basis.

The latest version of the Sonos firmware at least allows you to set up the automatic update of the speakers, but not the controller app. You can set that up using iOS. Here's how:

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/turn-on-automatic-software-updates-ios-12/
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I am not aware of an undue no. of iPhone updates personally. I am sure someone can give figures.
How often do you use your Sonos? I think they update the software around every other month or so, at least in the last 6 months. There's not a set schedule, since they release when there's a need to change, due to functionality changing. But you shouldn't need to update the app every time you use it, unless you're rarely using it, or happen to perhaps be in one of their betas, which I assume update on a more frequent basis.

The latest version of the Sonos firmware at least allows you to set up the automatic update of the speakers, but not the controller app. You can set that up using iOS. Here's how:

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/turn-on-automatic-software-updates-ios-12/
I completely agree. Far too often I have to update Sonos on my phone or PC. I wouldn't mind if I had the option to defer the update to when it suits me. But....