iPad PRO 4th Gen 2020 removed from Trueplay coming soon!!!??

• 23 November 2020
  • 10 replies

So I noticed the trueplay coming soon list been changed to mainly iphone 12 range and new ipad air!!

Ipad pro 2020 missing….does this mean its ready? although ive checked and still not available!!

whats going on guys!!!! is it coming lol

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Banbanali.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to know, when would the Ipad Pro be added with the Trueplay feature. Let me help you out.

Currently, our engineers are working hard to get all the features available on almost all of Apple’s products. Based on our support website that discusses all there is to know about Trueplay-compatible devices and Sonos products, iPad Pro is not yet part of the list. this means that our engineers are still working on how to get the integration between Sonos and Apple’s new iPad Pro to be available. I would be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request to give them additional heads up that our customers are reaching out for this feature to be available on this particular Apple product. I would suggest subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic so that you’ll be up-to-date with our latest feature release, feature updates, and bug fixes.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Prior to last week the iPad Pro 4th generation was most definitely on the list at https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3222?language=en_US and now it’s not. Paul, you make it sound as if it was never there when it clearly was. If it’s still being worked on then please add it back to the list. Since I for one thought that it was now compatible I wiped my iPad Pro due to having the 12.3 beta build and went back to the standard 12.2 build. It’s still not available as the original poster stated. 

Hi there,

Just bumping this thread as I too have noticed that the latest iPad Pros have been removed from the ‘coming soon’ section on the Trueplay devices list.

Please could you advise whether we will ever get Trueplay tuning through these devices?

Thanks

I have 14 pieces of VERY EXPENSIVE Sonos gear. Trueplay is required on Apple products, BECAUSE SONOS said they have “the same” microphones. I “borrowed” an iphone 5, but it will not install S1 or S2 controller- FAIL. I bought a new Ipad 10.5” gen 8 and installed the S2 controller, but NO Trueplay- FAIL. So your SONOS claims of best microphones is simply false- this is purely a marketing agreement. Now, engineering? Your controller is the engineering, NOT the OS, Not the Apple vs. Android, NOT the microphone quality. I request an immediate patch from your engineers to get Trueplay working on my very expensive Sonos system, which now has bass, treble and balance controls. p.s. There are far more Android users in the marketplace with Sonos, than Apple- please attend to your customers. Thanking you in advance, Peter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos do not state Trueplay is only possible on iOS because all Apple products have the same micriphones, but because there are less microphones used in the Apple universe (only one manufacturer) than in Android (hundreds of manufacturers, even more different microphones).

As I understand it every new Apple product still needs to be tested by Sonos to get Trueplay right on that device. I can understand for you it seems Sonos takes a long time to do this. Sonos is open about what devices can be used for Trueplay (Met Trueplay compatibele apparaten en Sonos-producten | Sonos), so you can see which device to buy or borrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I have 14 pieces of VERY EXPENSIVE Sonos gear. Trueplay is required on Apple products, BECAUSE SONOS said they have “the same” microphones. I “borrowed” an iphone 5, but it will not install S1 or S2 controller- FAIL. I bought a new Ipad 10.5” gen 8 and installed the S2 controller, but NO Trueplay- FAIL. So your SONOS claims of best microphones is simply false- this is purely a marketing agreement. Now, engineering? Your controller is the engineering, NOT the OS, Not the Apple vs. Android, NOT the microphone quality. I request an immediate patch from your engineers to get Trueplay working on my very expensive Sonos system, which now has bass, treble and balance controls. p.s. There are far more Android users in the marketplace with Sonos, than Apple- please attend to your customers. Thanking you in advance, Peter. 

Wow, with that sort of friendly posts I can see every developer rushing to fix this.  Remarkable first post!  

I just not understand why Trueplay does not work on my new 1500$ Ipadpro 2020 12.9, . Sonos you have to follow new technology:thinking:  i change my Android tablet to have access to trueplay  go go go!!!

Means the fact that you changed the 2020 Ipad Pro from “Coming soon” to “not supported” that we will never get Trueplay. It is a shame that it took so long and now we won’t even get it?

I purchased an ipad pro 12.9 gen 4 in April 2020, with then at the time, under development for true play (coming soon, and was told to be patient) I was with the understanding as the ipad pro gen 3 12.9 was supported that the 2020 model would make the transition as it was being worked on. 

Could we have a straight answer that the ipad pros from gen 3 onwards will never be supported as everywhere I am reading there are mixed answers to yes it will,  no it won't and developers are working hard on it. 

I have never seen anything from Sonos to indicate that it isn’t being worked on. I have not seen, nor do I expect, based on previous history, for them to provide a date.