Answered

iPad app can't see my network

• 5 April 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +4
Hi,

My iPad Air 2 (Sonos v10.1) has unexpectedly stopped connecting to my network - "You need to be connected to a wireless network to use Sonos. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi on your device".

My iPhone, iPod, iMac and a second iPad running also Sonos App v10.1 can connect fine. I have tried doing a software update but none is available so I assume 10.1 is the newest version.

All devices are on the same network. I do have a network extender which uses a similar network name to my main router, with the addition of _EXT to the main one's name.

I can't submit diagnostics I think, because I can't open the app fully.

Thanks, Ben
icon

Best answer by Chris 5 April 2019, 15:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try telling your air to forget network in WiFi settings. Then reboot the air and your router. Add back the WiFi network then in Apple WiFi settings. This will clear any bad network info and ip addresses.
Badge +4
Thanks Chris. I tried that but it was unsuccessful. I'm still unable to connect it to the network as the Sonos iPad app thinks that I am offline, the same problem as before.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.
Badge +4
Also, can I submit a diagnostic report using my iPhone (I can't do it with the iPad for reasons stated previously)?
If your iPad can’t connect to your WIFI, Sonos diagnostics aren’t going to show that. The problem is with your iPad. Until you get it connected to your WIFI, Sonos won’t work on it. Does your iPad show it is connected to your WIFI or is it showing an error? Take Sonos out of the equation until you are successfully browsing the internet with your iPad.
Badge +4
Thanks, yes I think it is indeed the iPad, as Sonos on the phone and iPod works fine. I am having issues with Spotify and Youtube on the iPad so I am hopefully able to narrow it down to that. My friend is coming over with his iPad tomorrow so we will see if his works.
Just a random thought....your iPad doesn't have Airplane mode turned on, by any chance?
Badge +4
Just a random thought....your iPad doesn't have Airplane mode turned on, by any chance?

No 🙂
Was worth a shot. I've been confused for minutes after returning home from a business trip 🙂
Badge +4
Some days ago, the Sonos app started working again properly. In the meantime I have purchased a new iPad (something I was planning on doing anyway); it's baffling and somewhat frustrating that the app started working again, seemingly spontaneously.

Once again, thanks all.