Answered

IPad

• 16 October 2018
  • 5 replies

I have a first generation apple IPad. Is there any way I can update it to use Sonos controller? Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 17 October 2018, 00:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I believe the app, if it can be installed (search the app store), will only serve as a music controller, it won't have most of the functions that you'd normally expect due to the fact that the version of iOS that it runs is so out of date.

So you'll be able to start playing a playlist, stop playing, skip forward and back, but that's about it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The first generation iPad (with the thick, curved back) can only run iOS 5.1.1 - In this case, the Sonos app will likely not be available in the App Store and will not be able to connect to an up-to-date Sonos system.

On June 11, 2012, it was announced that iOS 6 would not be released for the first-generation iPad, making iOS 5.1.1 the final operating system officially available for the device.

If you'd like more information on Sonos controller requirements, check out this helpful FAQ.
Ah, thanks, Keith.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can't use the official Sonos App - but search in app store for 3rd party program called Sonopad
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonopad-for-sonos/id579984303?mt=8