iOS14 upgrade - S1 app not working

• 17 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Up dated to IOS14 yesterday, SI app refused to work. 
After an hour of doing the turn it on and off again dance, with no joy… in installed the app and reinstalled it.

The app then asked permission to connect to Wif and Bluetooth- system is now up and running.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Badge

same here, did not go the lenghts of un/re installing as I have a few iphones stil on ios 13.x which still work
Can SONOS confirm that they will fix the issue and/or that we need to re-install to get it working ???

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same problem on iPhones but not iPads - found in settings under app the option to allow connection to local networks needed to be toggled on.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ran into this issue this morning, although I have the S2 app on my iPad. I suddenly received a message my Sonos system could not be found on my network.

Turns out I had to go to Settings/Privacy/Local Network and select Sonos much as “Duncal” described above.

I just upgraded to iOS14.

Wish Sonos would have communicated this to its customer base.

I’ve got the same with my iPhone ios14 and S2. I have ticked the local network setting and still can’t find my Sonos devices. Might try on my iPad tomorrow. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Just to let you know that users who updated to iOS 14 and are running the Sonos S1 app, will get the system not found if you deny the permission.

Workaround

Go to iOS settings->Privacy->Local Network-> Sonos S1 and turn on the permission

d37ad3ed-8ee9-43db-a973-d6a76fd4e95c

Let us know if you can now access the system. 

We and the community are always here to help.

I’m on the S2 app and have enabled the setting but still getting the message that the system can’t be found. 
ive given up for the night but might try again tomorrow. 

The ‘system can’t be found’ is a completely different issue. Try two things. First, unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router recovers, plug back in your Sonos. 

Second, try wiring one of your speakers to the router directly with an Ethernet cable. 

If neither works, open a new thread. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Just to let you know that users who updated to iOS 14 and are running the Sonos S1 app, will get the system not found if you deny the permission.

Workaround

Go to iOS settings->Privacy->Local Network-> Sonos S1 and turn on the permission

d37ad3ed-8ee9-43db-a973-d6a76fd4e95c

Let us know if you can now access the system. 

We and the community are always here to help.

The Sonos S2 app is also impacted similarly- at least it was for me.

Just to clarify- the S1 app never asked for permission to access the local network until I reinstalled it.

Up dated to IOS14 yesterday, SI app refused to work. 
After an hour of doing the turn it on and off again dance, with no joy… in installed the app and reinstalled it.

The app then asked permission to connect to Wif and Bluetooth- system is now up and running.

Same here and also did the settings like mentioned. Unfortunately still not working

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! 

If you all still experience a system not found after enabling Local Network Privacy for Sonos S1, then we need to continue to troubleshoot System Not Found as normal.

The ‘system can’t be found’ is a completely different issue. Try two things. First, unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router recovers, plug back in your Sonos. 

Second, try wiring one of your speakers to the router directly with an Ethernet cable. 

If neither works, open a new thread. 

Check that out. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge +1

Same issue with my sonos one S2

and ios 14.

no Connection via Solos-App or via AirPlay.

network Access in Setting are allowed.

Hi,

on my side it was working perfectly before updating to iOS14.

i went to the options and updated the local network setting.

however the app is stuck on the opening screen and nothing can be done.

Turned on Local Network permission for Sonos S1 app, but still cannot group any rooms using either of our iPhones.  However grouping works on the Sonos desktop app for Mac.  Any resolution on this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Try to remove and re-add the Sonos app on your phone if it’s not working properly. Make sure to turn on the permission and also a reboot of your phone may help. Let us know how it goes. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge +1

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Try to remove and re-add the Sonos app on your phone if it’s not working properly. Make sure to turn on the permission and also a reboot of your phone may help. Let us know how it goes. We and the community are always here to help.

Restart of the iPhone helps !
thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @disor, thanks for keeping us posted here. I’m glad that it’s working fine now. Just let us know if you still need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

I’ve tried all suggested work arounds. Still can’t find network. 

Probably best that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you. 

upgraded my iPhone 11to ISO 14 and no issues, upgraded the wife iPhone 6 to IOS 14.0, and the Sonos S1 app could not connect. Deleted the app and reinstalled it and all ok 

Badge +1

Ok, it works one day.

currently no Connection via App 

Badge +1

Ok, it works one day.

currently no Connection via App 

App reinstall, reboot iPhone … Connection via App works again.  But this is not smart 

That’s not an issue with your app, it is an issue with your network. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, and give it a minute, only then plug back in your Sonos devices. 

I’m having this same issue. - right after I updated to iOS14.  Can’t connect to Sonos.  Tried almost all of the suggestions.  Is there going to be a fix for this?

Badge

Same - I still have this problem. S1 app on an iPad running iOS13.7 finds the system fine. S1 app on an iPhone 8+ that’s just been updated to iOS14 can’t find anything. I’ve checked the local network toggle that was already On and toggled it back and forth, no difference. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. I’ve restarted the phone.