Answered

iOS14, S2, Sonos speakers not showing up at all

• 13 November 2020
  • 12 replies

Badge +1

Hi I know there was a Sonos update pushed around 11-11-20.  Also upgraded to iOS14.  Now I don’t see my Sonos speakers at all when using Apple Music app and trying to Airplay2 to the various speaker sets.  The Apple TV’s I have do show up in the Airplay 2 list.  Just my 4 different Sonos rooms don’t show.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.  

icon

Best answer by Stinsonddog 13 November 2020, 19:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Badge +1

I have fixed this by deleting the Sonos app, and reinstalling it.  I only had to do that on my iPhone and not my iPad.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Stinsonddog.

Thanks for reaching out and for sharing with us this helpful post.

We appreciate your time and patience working through this.

This can definitely help those community members that might encounter the same scenario.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or run into any issues, we’re always here to help.

All the best.

Userlevel 1

first, does Sonos staff do or know ANYTHING? no.

second - it’s more than delete > reinstall. 

it’s an issue with the way Sonos attempts to circumvent (utilize) EVERY Apple security feature:

1. Location - including PRECISE location (why?)
  2. Siri - including learn from app
  3. Network - including cellular data

None of these help. The default install - on iOS 14.x and SONOS 12.2.1 - is BROKEN.

Maybe one day SONOS will update its knowledgebase so its offshore “agents” can actually help.

Until then, dumping my system and going with Apple HomePod.

Please ensure you have given Sonos access to “local network” in IPhone’s/IPad’s Privacy settings, a new Apple requirement in IOS 14.

Also, refreshing your system may help: Power down Sonos devices, restart router and wait some minutes until the router is back, then power up Sonos. Restart controller (phone, tablet, PC etc).

Userlevel 1

Please ensure you have given Sonos access to “local network” in IPhone’s/IPad’s Privacy settings, a new Apple requirement in IOS 14.

Also, refreshing your system may help: Power down Sonos devices, restart router and wait some minutes until the router is back, then power up Sonos. Restart controller (phone, tablet, PC etc).

This is enabled by default. There is something broken in 12.2.1 which doesn’t properly USE the local network privacy setting, so it has to be “forced” or “nudged” (by turning off, failing connect, then turning on). 

Restarting devices is useless. 
Since Sonos screwed owners by EOL’ing the Bridge, we’re at the mercy of WiFi. Which is another issue here, even on wicked fast networks. 

That is weird. After the latest IOS update I permitted Sonos to access my local network, and I have not done it since. I suppose you already tried deleting and reinstalling the Sonos app, as was the solution for OP.

Restarting the devices may be useless to you, but for some it can be helpful - if done in the proper order as decribed above.

Sonos discontinued the Bridge because it was technically falling behind, as happens with most technics over time, and replaced it with the Boost. Same function as Bridge, yet more powerful. An ethernet standalone Sonos speaker will also create a dedicated SonosNet, like the Bridge.

Have you checked for possible wifi interference? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

first, does Sonos staff do or know ANYTHING? no.

second - it’s more than delete > reinstall. 

it’s an issue with the way Sonos attempts to circumvent (utilize) EVERY Apple security feature:

1. Location - including PRECISE location (why?)
  2. Siri - including learn from app
  3. Network - including cellular data

None of these help. The default install - on iOS 14.x and SONOS 12.2.1 - is BROKEN.

Maybe one day SONOS will update its knowledgebase so its offshore “agents” can actually help.

Until then, dumping my system and going with Apple HomePod.

I’ve followed your steps and haven’t been able to get my Sonos Speakers working again.
I’m also experiencing the same problem with my Google Home speaker which leads me to believe it might be an 14.2 issue.

I cannot use airplay now also with my 2 iphones and 1 ipad, after update Sonos version to 12.2.1. My devices are iOS 14.2. Sonos room is showing in airplay, but when I select, it shows unable to connect.

Had the same issue - after updating my iPad and iPhone to iOS 14.x I could no longer see the Sonos devices in the Airplay 2 popup menus. However in Apple Music on my Mac, they still appeared in the list of Airplay 2 devices. The Sonos devices also appeared in the Sonos app on iOS and macOS, so I knew it must be an issue related to the iOS 14.x update.

Followed the suggestion here on iPad and iPhone to turn the option for Settings > Privacy > Local Network off and then on again for Sonos, and did the same for Privacy > Bluetooth for good measure.

The Sonos devices now appear again in the Airplay 2 popup menu on those devices. Must be something that’s not fully reset during either the iOS 14.x upgrade, or a Sonos app upgrade since then.

Hi,

we’re having similar issues to the above, recently updated to the Sonos 2 app, we have only been using  the radio app over the last few weeks via the Sonos 2 app which worked fine. However, we tried to play a playlist this evening from both our iPhones and neither would connect via AirPlay.

I’ve tried updating the sonos system, restarting the speakers, router and phones in the above order, but still doesn’t connect. All 3 of our speakers are hard wired rather than wireless. 

Getting the following in the Sonos 2 app:

Any help appreciated?

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi everyone. Thank you for your patience in this. It will be helpful to submit a diagnostic report on the Sonos app after a few minutes when the issue happens and reach out to Sonos Support, so we can take a closer look and discuss it with all of you individually in real-time. 

I suggest our phone team, for they have more resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

My app started acting up yesterday.  All my speakers disappeared from Airplay, but they are on my other devices and via their app.  I suspect it is related to other app that is using the mic on my phone.  Anyway to the other poster’s point, don’t expect Sonos support to know anything.  They are freaking garbage.  All they do is waste your time on fishing around some checklist that doesn’t even solve the problem.  They don’t listen to all the symptoms, instead they just go through the checklist.  I regret spending so much money on them and not get any type of support when I need it.