iOS v8.5.2 Crashes

Had this issue for the last month or so. Occasionally opening the Sonos app results in the app crashing, having to tap the icon again to get the app to open. Just now reporting it since it hasn’t been a real issue since the fix has been so easy. Using iPhone 8 v11.3, Sonos app V8.5.2

Latest diagnostic was submitted as #287008717

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Had this issue for the last month or so. Occasionally opening the Sonos app results in the app crashing, having to tap the icon again to get the app to open. Just now reporting it since it hasn’t been a real issue since the fix has been so easy. Using iPhone 8 v11.3, Sonos app V8.5.2

Latest diagnostic was submitted as #287008717

Hi dsm_marc,

I see some wireless interference showing up in your diagnostic report. This may be the cause of the issues you've described. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using and see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't help, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number.
Hi Jeff,

I worked through the wireless interference issues with Adler over the last few months. He can give you more background if needed, and had recommended that I post the app crashing to the community. The app crashing only appeared after upgrading to this version, and also not sure why wireless interference would be related to the app crashing? It crashes even before connecting or trying to connect to the system. The splash screen shows up for less than a second.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I worked through the wireless interference issues with Adler over the last few months. He can give you more background if needed, and had recommended that I post the app crashing to the community. The app crashing only appeared after upgrading to this version, and also not sure why wireless interference would be related to the app crashing? It crashes even before connecting or trying to connect to the system. The splash screen shows up for less than a second.

Interference can cause all sorts of odd behavior, but it may not be the cause. Have you tried fully uninstalling the app and downloading it new?