Answered

iOS Sonos controller coonects to wrong Spotify Account

• 30 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi All... I just installed the Sonos controller on my new iPhone 8. First time I have ever had an iOS device. When I connected the Sonos app to Spotify, it automatically connected to an account (required no login). Unfortunately it connected to the wrong account. It appears to be my son's Spotify account. I have never logged into his account before, ever, on any device I own so not sure why it would connect to his.

I also connected to Pandora and it found my Pandora account without issue (never required a login) here either.

I have the Spotify app installed on the same device and it is logged into my account correctly.

I cannot find a setting anywhere to change this. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by John B 30 June 2018, 18:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I don't think you need to remove his account. I have never had multiple accounts but search for 'Spotify multiple accounts' on Sonos support pages
Ahhh… that makes a lot of sense! I will look into that! Any way to swap the controller to my account instead of his? Maybe delete his account from the system and reconnect in the iOS app?
The accounts are linked to the system not to controllers, although a controller can default to a particular account where multiple accounts are present. Your son must have added his account to the Sonos system.

There is no reason for a new controller to be asked to log in. It is just a controller.