Answered

iOS Sonos controller coonects to wrong Spotify Account

• 30 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi All... I just installed the Sonos controller on my new iPhone 8. First time I have ever had an iOS device. When I connected the Sonos app to Spotify, it automatically connected to an account (required no login). Unfortunately it connected to the wrong account. It appears to be my son's Spotify account. I have never logged into his account before, ever, on any device I own so not sure why it would connect to his.

I also connected to Pandora and it found my Pandora account without issue (never required a login) here either.

I have the Spotify app installed on the same device and it is logged into my account correctly.

I cannot find a setting anywhere to change this. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by John B 30 June 2018, 18:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The accounts are linked to the system not to controllers, although a controller can default to a particular account where multiple accounts are present. Your son must have added his account to the Sonos system.

There is no reason for a new controller to be asked to log in. It is just a controller.
Ahhh… that makes a lot of sense! I will look into that! Any way to swap the controller to my account instead of his? Maybe delete his account from the system and reconnect in the iOS app?
I don't think you need to remove his account. I have never had multiple accounts but search for 'Spotify multiple accounts' on Sonos support pages