Question

iOS App Won't Move Past Splash Screen

• 13 February 2019
  • 3 replies

No matter how long I wait, my iOS Sonos app won't move past the initial splash screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've turned wifi on and off (if i start with only cellular, i turn on wifi at the prompt and the app freezes again). etc. Sonos works on my Mac and Windows machine no problem - and I've seen this now across iPhones AND across different Sonos systems. I'm downloading from the AppStore. Latest iOS (12.1.4).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That's odd. Have you tied rebooting the iOS device? I've got 12.1.4 on three different devices, and all three are running Sonos 10.0.1 without any issue.
Dont do what ive just done and reinstalled it (Android) and didnt realise you need to swipe left. The graphic on the new / updated splash sort of obscures the 3 white dots pointing out the swipes expected. I had an issue where my Android wouldn't connect and find my devices so started to go down the reinstall route.
As long as you choose "Connect to existing system", reinstalling shouldn't be an issue, since all of your data is actually stored on the speakers, rather than in the controller itself.