iOS App UI/UX

• 21 November 2017
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Sonos, love the speakers love the sound love the design, great great product, but you need to get your UI/UX folks in a room and seriously take a look at the iOS app experience, it is very poor, the cognitive dissonance, just the sheer difficulty in achieving any simple task. On any screen there are multiple touch points that slide screens in and out , up and down with little or no intuitive reasoning. Please take a step back, take a look, then redesign from the ground up.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

100% agree! Whatever the quality and capabilty of the devices (hardware) may be: if it is a connected device, the app determines the usability (= significant part of „quality") of the system. Someone at SONOS needs to talk to the product manager and UX guys… with app version 8.xx you damaged the entire system. 5 years of love with my SONOS turned into a good amount of hate
Badge
I also agree. While my friends have had and raved about Sonos products for years, I, as an audiophile and home theater enthusiast, have been skeptical. That is until the smart speaker craze. I thought about getting a smart speaker for the bedroom and purchased a Sonos ONE. However, it's been 2 months and I've barely used it. This is because of the Horrible HCI. It's a labyrinth of pages with items and info that are not actionable. The only reasons I didn't return it or sell it are because of the rumored Apple AirPlay 2 update and the ability to use Alexa to play all songs by an artist or play a station. Which, by the way, can't be trained (like or dislike songs).
Am I missing something?
Badge
I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me, I'm agreeing with all of the existing posts that are complaining about the design of this app. Complaints which are valid as they come from observations of shortcomings of the app. If people are stumbling upon 4-month-old threads and are agreeing, it tells us Sonos hasn't addressed those concerns.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Those posts were for the previous version. It's no coincidence that there were no additions to this thread after the new version came out, except yours. You are in a minority, and Sonos would do well to listen to the majority.

Keep on dreaming. Hardly anything changed, and the app still sucks. At best is no longer impossible to use for those that really struggled, but that's about it.

The sonos pm made it clear however that he has no intention of properly listening to customer feedback, as he 'believes' he's right. Pointless to argue with someone like that.

Keep on dreaming. Hardly anything changed, and the app still sucks. At best is no longer impossible to use for those that really struggled, but that's about it.

The sonos pm made it clear however that he has no intention of properly listening to customer feedback, as he 'believes' he's right. Pointless to argue with someone like that.

Only according to you. The many, many posts praising the new release in the old threads you used to haunt say otherwise. Nice to see you out of hibernation, though! ;)

Oh and by the way . . . told you so!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
and the ui is almost spot for spot identical to apple music and spotify apps and I'm sure its on purpose so people come in more familiar with the Sonos app. So I guess apple and spotify need to flog their programmers as well.
Perhaps you are missing that this thread is from four months ago, and since then the UI has undergone some tweaks that have caused the thousands of complaints about the UI to basically dry up. So there aren't really many who still agree with you about the changes to the UI.
Those posts were for the previous version. It's no coincidence that there were no additions to this thread after the new version came out, except yours. You are in a minority, and Sonos would do well to listen to the majority.
Badge
Oh, so a stale thread is indicative of a successful update which addresses all customer concerns?
My apologies. Your statement is logically sound.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Oh and by the way . . . told you so!!!
Just keep on telling yourself that the lack of posts people pointing out the same thing over an over again, means they are okay with the app. As if a single fix, addresses a laundry list of issues.

Meanwhile the rest of us get on with our lives, in the real world. 😉

Just keep on telling yourself that the lack of posts people pointing out the same thing over an over again, means they are okay with the app. As if a single fix, addresses a laundry list of issues.

Meanwhile the rest of us get on with our lives, in the real world. ;)

No, the many, many people posting that the improvements made the app much better means they are OK with the app. I'll take actual comments over rank speculation as to why people are not posting any day of the week.