Answered

iOS app - Play an album from a UPnP - Asset - Server

• 8 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Fairly new to the Sonos setup, however the following doesn't seem to be possible - am I missing something?

• Using latest iOS app
  • Browse > Asset UPnP
  • Album > [A-Z]
  • Select Album
  • ???
You can see all the tracks listed as you might expect, however it seems you can only pick one at a time.

The three dots next to the album only offer you the ability to "add album to my sonos"

I just want to the able to play the album from here (select all tracks and add to queue)... which seems quite basic functionality.

Interestingly, if you try from say the Mac controller, you can just select all tracks and add to queue. Given this works, this seems like it is limited to the iOS controller.
icon

Best answer by ratty 8 September 2019, 17:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thanks for confirming I wasn't missing anything obvious.

Shame that this seems to be the case. As mentioned it is possible to workaround the issue using the MacOS controller, hence it seems a bit of a gap.

Appreciate the response however, maybe this will hopefully be resolved in the future.
I haven't been near Asset for many years, but I recall the issue and my recollection is that this limitation was common to other DLNA servers too. Basically, Sonos isn't DLNA compliant.

The officially supported third party library server is Plex.