Question

iOS app keeps asking me to update....then doesn't...

• 29 September 2016
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Must be a bug with this? I am not running the beta software.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

On what version of iOS? iOS6 is no longer supported.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Latest everything on an iPhone7. Couldn't get more up-to-date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Latest everything on an iPhone7. Couldn't get more up-to-date.

Hi Chrisbanner,

Please submit a diagnostic report from your system then reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look for you.
Go to Settings/About My Sonos System. What version is the controller? What version is the player firmware?

Ah. Over to Jeff....
Userlevel 1
Badge
OK here goes: 6593000
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
OK here goes: 6593000

There's some formatting errors in your diagnostic report making it hard to read. Please try to send another one and reply with the number.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Delete the app.

Download it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It looks like your PLAY:1 speakers aren't updated, which is why the message keeps popping up. They aren't completing the update when you run it. Please try updating using a different Sonos controller if you can. It may also help to reboot your router. Let me know if those steps don't do the trick.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi Jeff

I have 2 Play 5s and 2 Play 1s on the same network. So you're saying the Play 5s are up to date but not the Play 1s? How could this be? And how do I isolate the Play1s to update? Seems fairly complicated.....have also tried rebooting the router and have multiple iOS devices running the controller and all show the "update now" symbol at the top of the menu.
If, instead of clicking Update Now, you go into Settings and click Online Updates, does it also fail then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Jeff

I have 2 Play 5s and 2 Play 1s on the same network. So you're saying the Play 5s are up to date but not the Play 1s? How could this be? And how do I isolate the Play1s to update? Seems fairly complicated.....have also tried rebooting the router and have multiple iOS devices running the controller and all show the "update now" symbol at the top of the menu.

It may just be that the network strength to the Play 1 isn't quite up to the job of updating the Play 1.

Try what Jeff S says and if it still won't update then try wiring the Play 1 to the router or even to one of the Play 5s and then running update from the controller