iOS App - constant crashes

• 6 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Literally, every single time i start the iOS (iPhone) Sonos app, it crashes within minutes. I can start an album, but then it crashes and I have to kill and restart to change the volume.

It seems to have started with the last update or two,

How hard is this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Odd. Probably not terribly helpful to you, but I use two separate iPads to control my system, and the app has never crashed.

What version of iOS are you running? What kind of iPad is it? Which version of the controller app?

I'd recommend a couple of things to you. First, delete the app from your iPad, and then do a hard reboot of the device. Then try downloading and reinstalling it. Make sure that when it starts up, you "connect to existing system" and it will log in to your speakers and maintain all of your settings.

Another thing you may want to try is a simple power cycle of your speakers. Unplug them for a minute or two, then plug them back in. Might be a good time to try a reboot of your router. I'm less confident in this as a true fix to your situation, but it certainly can't hurt.

Finally, if neither of those work, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of restarting after a crash, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.