iOS 8 Home Kit Integration

Userlevel 3
Badge
Apple have just released into BETA Home Kit. This is a selection of dev tools to help integrate smart home products together. Hopefully plans are coming together to integrate this into the iOS app. It would be interesting to see what users think to this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

46 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
This article gives a great insight into how this could work. http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/06/apples-home-automation-success-rests-with-hardware-evangelism/
Userlevel 1
I think it's a great idea. Hey Siri, play my Sonos on the deck!
So it seems no one from Sonos ever bothers to reply to anything in these forums.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HomeKit. The newly announced Apple HomeKit should be implemented into the Sonos system.
I would like to see this integration very much! 
Sonos, why don't you reply here?!?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
For most ideas, Sonos doesn't usually post anything until they have made a decision about whether or not they'll support the idea. There are ideas with many Likes that may not have any response from Sonos. For something like this, I'm sure their product team needs to talk to their developers about benefits, features, capabilities, and whatnot... there's planning that needs to be done, then all the work into adding this support into the app. It's definitely not something that will happen just in the next software update.

The best thing you can do is be patient and get others to come here and vote the idea up more.

BTW, as an iOS user, I have added my vote for it as well!
I don't have Sonos speakers because I don't need yet another networked device that has it's own protocols. I would love to fill my house with Sonos speakers, but until I can be sure it will work with my other investments I am reluctant to make the purchase.
I would like to see this integration very much! 
Sonos, why don't you reply here?!?!

+1
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I don't have Sonos speakers because I don't need yet another networked device that has it's own protocols. I would love to fill my house with Sonos speakers, but until I can be sure it will work with my other investments I am reluctant to make the purchase.
Thats a valid point Nathan. Sonos players can be controlled via DLNA, so the integration is possible without Sonos providing it. Several 3rd parties like Ubi, SmartThings and Connect4 already provide interfaces and driver.
Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Will Sonos work with Apple Homekit?. As a full time wheelchair user I like to have all my connected devices all connected in one place, will I be able to add my sonos music system to Apple Homekit? As more and more people are joining the home automation system I'm hoping sonos will add there support to Homekit.
I would like to see Sonos start integrating into Apple Home Kit, 
This will not be easy because each Sonos hardware product will need to be embedded with Apple's UUID no. 

Sonos are just as stubborn as Apple. Will be interesting to see how they go about this. If Sonos do not, there are many new HIFI systems out there that can be a replacement. 
Userlevel 1
I'd like to have HomeKit integration as well. It'd be very useful!
Badge
Please add HomeKit integration.
Please add HomeKit!!!!!!
I just bought the HUE HomeKit Bridge and it´s amazing!!!
Also just got the new integrated Hue and having HomeKit integration is amazing. It takes control to a whole new level. I don't know why you wouldn't want to do it?!
I'd like to see this, plus Zone Presets. For me, a sonos scene will include different room groupings at various pre-defined volume offsets before even selecting the audio to play. Because maybe the bathroom should be playing the same thing, but at a lower volume than a dining room, play room, office, kitchen, outdoors...

Hue+HomeKit has been way more useful than I initially anticipated, I can only hope the same for Sonos
Badge
Please add homekit to sonos
Really you need to speed up and add HomeKit....asap!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Please add homekit support asap
Userlevel 2
Badge
This thread should be renamed as "apple homekit support" as ios 8 is already outdated!
Please add HomeKit support to Sonos
Hey Siri, can you get Sonos to add HomeKit support?
DITTO!
Please add HomeKit support... seems even though it is a matter of hardware, SONOS can just come out with a new version of their $49 Bridge that is HomeKit... just like Philips Hue did.
Userlevel 1
Hi Guys,

I totally agree with this thread, please add Sonos to Apple's HomeKit.
I am like many of you on here, I also have just purchased the Philips Hue Lighting, and think the integration between Siri is amazing.
I have started to fit Sonos Amps for each room with the Philips lighting system,
but to have Siri play music in each zone and set lighting would truly be amazing for any scene.

Living in the UK and not America, our prices are far more expensive over here,
so true fans of these top quality products coming out of America should have access to their full potential.

At the end of day you have a wonderful product and we are the consumers who buy and keep your company running,
therefore we urge you to listen to this request...Please!!.
Yes. HomeKit support would be great!